No announcement yet.

Wrap, rattle, bite the bullet or roll.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrap, rattle, bite the bullet or roll.

As much as I would like to paint another car................I am really not that motivated. So, cost to wrap a F250 Supercab? The body work is done it just needs primed and painted for the most part if I go the paint route. I was looking for a beater Jeep, and since the dealers in the metro have run those thru the roof, I stole a monster truck for my winter needs. My criteria was a cash beater but I came out pretty well I think. Hell I might even roll it! I just have a feeling if I changed my mind later that shit would be nasty to get off. I do have a favor to call in at a shop in Garland. I made him a smoking deal on my AR and Ammo a while back and he told me he would paint any hood I brought him for free! We will see what he says tomorrow. I mean whats a little extra righttttt.

Oh, and really, it drives great and I almost could care less at this point. Of course we know how my projects go sometimes.
    Wrap
    0%
    Rattle/Role
    0%
    Suck it up and pay the man
    0%
    Evil Jose is our favorite
    0%
    Whos your Daddy?

Where’s the option to line-X that mofo?
    "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
      Where’s the option to line-X that mofo?
      Isn't that kind of a roll option? I herculined my Grand Cherokee on rocks that time. Also the poll is multiple choice and you can choose more than one option.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I heard plastic dip is good

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
          I heard plastic dip is good
          Have you heard of any pricing on that?
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

That’s where I’m at on my burb. I think the full wrap is gonna be too pricey, and probably gonna go with raptor liner.
            "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
            http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
            Factory Five MK4 Cobra
            Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
            http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
            www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
            sigpic

Comment

How ugly is it? You were looking for a winter beater (in Texas) and you want to make it look new and shiny?

Comment

If you ever plan on selling it, for the love of god, don't line-x it. I spent weeks getting that shit off from a 94 Blazer. Got that truck for dirt cheap because that shit was on it.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                  How ugly is it? You were looking for a winter beater (in Texas) and you want to make it look new and shiny?
                  Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                  If you ever plan on selling it, for the love of god, don't line-x it. I spent weeks getting that shit off from a 94 Blazer. Got that truck for dirt cheap because that shit was on it.
                  You know, Macco has painted some of my beaters in the past and done fare.

You know if it wasn't multicolored I might let it slide. I haven't looked at the fender flares yet either to see how they attach.

I always wondered how bad line-x was to remove.
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                    I always wondered how bad line-x was to remove.
                    It's a fucking nightmare. Carb cleaner was the best thing I found for taking it off. Spray it on, wipe some off, spray it again, wipe again. Went through about 50 cans of it.

I threw lacquer thinner, brake clean, paint thinner, gasoline, acetone, goof off, WD40, and some gnarly acid based industrial cleaner at it. I hit it with a 4000PSI pressure washer and couldn't make a dent.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                      It's a fucking nightmare. Carb cleaner was the best thing I found for taking it off. Spray it on, wipe some off, spray it again, wipe again. Went through about 50 cans of it.

I threw lacquer thinner, brake clean, paint thinner, gasoline, acetone, goof off, WD40, and some gnarly acid based industrial cleaner at it. I hit it with a 4000PSI pressure washer and couldn't make a dent.
                      Line-x it is! I mean sounds like it is invincible................. I need to go look and see if I through all my paint equipment away. I mean I have the main part, my 80 gallon compressor. I just need to grab me some day labor to tape and clean, I hate that shit. I also contemplated olive drab green.
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Line X always looks like trash after about 2 months of ownership. So why not just leave it looking like the trash it already is and save the trouble? Its only going to hurt the value anyways.

Comment

This thread is useless without pics..lets see the beater!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                            Line X always looks like trash after about 2 months of ownership. So why not just leave it looking like the trash it already is and save the trouble? Its only going to hurt the value anyways.
                            It may not look to bad today. It has been tore down for paint and they put it back together for me last night. I might just throw the bushwackers back on it, hook up the system laying around, do a little cosmetic and roll that bitch. For as long as it sat, it fired right up when he dropped a new battery in. The V10 looks to have had some work on it as it has a painted intake, headers that don't leak, etc. It has had a bunch of money thrown at it at some point. It took a minute for the transmission to warm up but after I drove it a little it seemed ok. I know he put a cooler on it and said it drove perfect prior to sitting. Which it actually did after it warmed up a little. Prob due to sitting and the battery being disconnected so long. The pleasant surprise was the Warn 15k winch sitting in the bumper.
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                              This thread is useless without pics..lets see the beater!!
                              Oh yeah he had a 2003 FZ1000 he wants to get rid of. I almost texted you last night. I will get some pics a little later.
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                              X