X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still down 7 votes!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• My next build. I'm not sure the level of detail I will go to on this one. Time will tell. Along with this one, I'm planning to get to work on 01yz2nv's replica.

Comment

• Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
        The Chevelle is complete!

This is probably one my favorite builds you have done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
          This is probably one my favorite builds you have done.
          Thanks, it turned out pretty killer. There are 2 paint flubs, both on yhe passenger side, where some gray ended up on the red and I didn't catch it until polishing :/

Now comes the hard decision, whether it goes on ebay or not! It is one of my favorites as well, the really nice ones are always hard to sell!

Comment

• Does anyone remember this one? I think I posted it on the old board, I built it 12 or so years ago. Converted a 99 Mustang cobra to an 04 Mach 1. Not a 100% accurate build. These pics are junk, they were taken with a flip phone if I remember correctly. I am digging it out and cleaning it up for the show this weekend in Denton. I'm also hoping to revive my old '71 Charger for the show.

Comment

• Well, I ditched the Mach 1, the hood was junk, all of my putty was cracking. I did get a fresh coat of clear on the 71 Charger. I also did a quick buff on an old cobra build. It is painted the same color as the Chevelle.

This show should be pretty cool. Everything will be set up as dioramas. It should make for great pictures. This old Whataburger diorama is one of them!

Anyone looking to check it out, we will be at Armadillo Ale Works in Denton tomorrow.

Comment

• Well, the show yesterday was petty much a bust. Zero class wins. I took 3 awards home. Outstanding Large scale, outstanding street machine, and best interior. I'm not sure if they considered the motorcycles that were there Large Scale , but I was surprised I didn't win that class. I'm not sure which car placed in the street machine class, my Chevelle and Lamborghini were both in that class and I didn't hear them announce which car placed. I was shocked when my Chevelle won best interior, as it was all painted one color and had seat belts added, no other detail. To add insult yo injury, when I picked my chevelle up off the table, the left rear wheel fell right off.

This show was low rider heavy, and low rider focused. It was the first year this club hosted it, and, to a degree it showed. Typically club hosted, member entered, and member judged contests are very, one sided and wins always seem like they are on the buddy system. Looking at a lot of the class winners, it was hard to tell what the judging criteria was. Some of the winners had detail, but the build and finish out was sloppy. Lots of cool paint jobs, very little shine. It always blows my mind to so a really good paint job, be it a metallic or pearl, a stripe job, or low rider flake, and it doesn't shine. Some of the detail put into the builds was stellar, but the paint fell flat on its face. Orange peel, lack of shine, lack of clear, etc.

Anyway, here are some pictures of the show. The diorama set ups were pretty cool and made for some cool photos.

Comment

• Last set

Comment

• Thanks for the pics, I would like to go to a model car show like that. Looks like a good turnout.

Comment

• 218 builds total. This was the first one I attended that did the diorama set up, and I don't think thry were pepared for that many cars!

Comment

• Looking at the pics makes me want to dig my stuff out and start building again.

Comment

• Originally posted by kobuzz View Post
                          Looking at the pics makes me want to dig my stuff out and start building again.
                          Do it!!!

Comment

• Starting the chassis detail on the pro stock

Comment

• Driver's side lower control arm built this morning. I'm hoping I can have the chassis ready for paint this evening

Comment

• Insane detail, great work!

Comment

Working...
                                X