Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not a single thread on the GT500s 4225 lb curb weight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a single thread on the GT500s 4225 lb curb weight?

Seriously?!

It is a bit on the portly side, I wonder why.

Comment

bro. people on this site hate cars.

there was one at the dallas auto show. in person it is great looking, but to be honest i really like the latest mustang body already. the car looks stout. comparable to the zl1 as to how tough it looks. hard choice really.

i have heard so many complaining about the auto, but the tremec dual clutch is interesting in my opinion. same or basically the same one in the new c8 i think.

at that weight though i think i would take my chances in a v3 and have my kids with me all comfortable and shit.

Comment

I figured it was pretty par for the course for Mustang.

Comment

Mustang guys can no longer slam the Challenger weight.....

Comment

How else do you expect them to trick people into buying a weight reduced track pack version?

Comment

I find it incredible myself but really no one here is buying that car any way. I have seen it in person and it looks great but it will be a $100k car once the dealers get it and they can stick that price right up their asses.
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Originally posted by racrguy
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                Mustang guys can no longer slam the Challenger weight.....
                x2

Comment

Mustang has been getting fatter and fatter as the years go by, so this isn't shocking. Everyone wants their sports car to have super car power with more luxury than a cadillac, and that means weight.

It's one reason I went with the 6th gen 1SS, basic features and a 3650lbs curb weight.

Comment

A '15-'19 Mustang GT is 3705 lbs, my SN95 Cobra was 3450 I believe, so yes the have slowly gained weight from the Fox body's, but so has the power.
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                      A '15-'19 Mustang GT is 3705 lbs, my SN95 Cobra was 3450 I believe, so yes the have slowly gained weight from the Fox body's, but so has the power.
                      Yeah, but the camaro is supposed to be the fat one. Power might have gone up, but the mustang's performance numbers sure didn't. The SN95 was slower than the Fox, until the B head cobra came out. Even a lightly modded fox is going to give a 3V all it can handle.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                        Yeah, but the camaro is supposed to be the fat one. Power might have gone up, but the mustang's performance numbers sure didn't. The SN95 was slower than the Fox, until the B head cobra came out. Even a lightly modded fox is going to give a 3V all it can handle.
                        How are you defining performance in this case?

Comment

I’ll see your 3,450 and lower it to 3,000 in my 66. It’s still not as fast as a new coyote though.

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                          How are you defining performance in this case?
                          Here we go. Ruff has fired up the argument actuators everybody. Remember, by engaging him at all, you are admitting that you’re wrong.

Comment

Besides adding a blower, bigger brakes, where is the extra weight coming from?

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                              Here we go. Ruff has fired up the argument actuators everybody. Remember, by engaging him at all, you are admitting that you’re wrong.
                              This gentleman is in the know!
                              WH

Comment

Working...
                              X