Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cut out and replace floorboards. Know anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cut out and replace floorboards. Know anyone?

Wanting to remove the floorboards out of my 71 Mach 1 and replace with new ones. However I’ve never welded before and not something I’m wanting to experiment with.

Does anyone know a shop around that would do this reasonably? Or anyone with experience want to to it for me and I’ll assist (learn) and I’ll pay you

call orangechevyII aka bryan at muffler king on garland rd.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Southwest Classic Mustangs in Arlington did mine years ago, but i don't know if they are still open.

Comment

JamesB can probably do it. He used to be on the board but not sure if he still lurks or not.

It happens to be a well thought out and reasoned dissertation on drug use and a lyrical cost/benefit analysis of various kinds of drugs, drawing the conclusion that beer is the best of them all.

Comment

James b is the man but he is normally backed way up.
          Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Romondo Martin in Irving
            07 GT500
            05 SRT10
            88 turbocoupe T-bird
            93 Cobra
            86 coupe
            Ducati 848

Comment

Have any of the above mentioned people/places cutout the floor pans and reinforced the chassis where they once were?

Would like to get modern seats in and not mess with floor pans.

Comment

I'm curious as to what the cost would be

Here's my wild guess: $600
                WH

Comment

I did my rear drivers floor pan myself in my garage, all it cost me was time, the purchase of (and learning) a welder, and a new fire extinguisher. But I also used my welder for other things including the SFC installation.
                  Originally posted by stevo
                  Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

send me a pm if you still need this done. Where are you located?

Comment

Working...
                    X