No announcement yet.

Don't have a girl!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you will be a grandpa soon.... is what I am reading. I can honestly say I would be terrified to be a parent of a daughter. I hung around the people on this forum......good luck!

Comment

Yall are brutal.

Comment

I'm waiting to see you on the news.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
          Yall are brutal.
          We have all either been or knew the teenage boy that keeps dad’s awake at night.

Comment

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
            We have all either been or knew the teenage boy that keeps dad’s awake at night.
            My son is 20, and he is still that son. The let go advice is solid. Advise your kids, help your kids, help them make better choices, but in the end they are people that are going to make their own choices. My daughter is six and wants a phone.... ain’t no way. I will watch this thread for daughter advice. All kids are different too. There is no one way to parent as a result.

Comment

As soon as you tell her she CAN'T have anything to do with him, she's going to do EVERYTHING with him to spite you.

Have ya'll mother fuckers never heard of the preacher's daughter stereotype?

Good luck!
              sigpic

Comment

Sometimes wonder how some girls dad didn’t kill me along the way. I wasn’t that bad but I was no angel, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                  What's wrong with texting a guy?
                  Not a damn thing, hot pants...
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                    Yall are brutal.
                    Have you read the tags ? lol..

Good luck with that situation. The crazy dad routine works well. If they really think you're crazy, they'll back off.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post

Have ya'll mother fuckers never heard of the preacher's daughter stereotype?

Good luck!
                      I did and enjoyed it...with several of them.

Comment

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
                        Sometimes wonder how some girls dad didn’t kill me along the way. I wasn’t that bad but I was no angel, either.
                        Same here. Spent the night with a girl one night and her parents were in the next room while we were hittin it.. I was horny and dumb..

Comment

In between all the normal responses, there's a few good piece of advice in here. I use this place as a sounding board, not all sounds are ones you want to hear. as I said earlier, the dig deal here is the breach of trust. When I was a kid my parents gave me a lot of freedom. When I got in trouble though I'd loose that freedom. I then had to earn it back. This is her first real big lie to us. Had she been upfront about it, this would have to be handled completely different. Ya I wouldn't like it at all but, at least there would be some trust left to work with. A lesson is being learned on all our sides. When she gets her phone back there will be a whole new set of rules for it. She's been phoneless since Sunday morning, and honestly I think she's more upset about that than the boy. My parent's raised 4 kids, two boys and two girls. All of us made it through highschool without a criminal record, illegitimate child, or STD. Heck ya'll will probably will call bull shit, but none of us even had sex until after high school. If my wife and I work hard at this, there's always hope we can achieve the same results with this one. We've got a pretty tight knit group of parents with this group of girls and try and share information about whats going on in these kids lives. I knew the boy thing was coming, I was just hoping it would come around a little less leroy jenkens.

Comment

ha, it froze after i hit submit and then timed out.

bros, i was most certainly being facetious about boys are somehow better.

kids are dumb, ignorant enigmas. boys are fucking retarded and girls are emotionally retarded. once you have kids and you know enough people with kids, you know this. there is no reason to what they do.

no matter what you teach them, there is always a friend or friends that have just enough influence to negate what you thought you drilled into them. and that influence could change their decision(s) and create a path you as a parent cannot stop. as far a parenting, this is my only real worry about the job i am doing. no matter how honest and open you keep it, you try to keep the parent/bro/parent/bro lines and areas known and cross-able, shit goes sideways. to deny this is pretending you were never a kid yourself.

my kids are still toddlers, so i am really just on a soap box giving my perception of what i think is the right direction, for there is no one right way. i do not care what oprah says. bottom line is i am only really trying to not raise a piece of shit or a serial killer.

Comment

I have three daughters so I consider a myself a fucking genius. Most will think I would be sitting on the porch with a one of my many guns/rifles/shotguns, nope, I talked to them in a nice low voice and told them every dirty little secret guys were going to say to get that pussy.
                              Sometimes I had to be vulgar, but it was no less vulgar than searing up a storm after cracking a knuckle while removing a header bolt on a 4v Cobra, one or more of them were always out helping dad in the garage.
                              My youngest was probably the hardest, she tested me, but lost. I got lucky that two of my daughters weren't around for cell phones, but I told my youngest NO on a cell, I didn't care what her friends had, she also had to bring down here land line princess phone every night at bed times, no ifs and butts! Thats where we bumped heads the hardest, but after she graduated from SMU she thanked me for doing that, the good grades she was able to get by getting a good nights sleep and not being on the hone for hours after bed time helped her.

Now stop being a pussy, you bought the phone, you pay for the phone it belongs to you, take that phone away from her and tell her why and stick to your guns, you don't and you will be raising a snowflake and she will not respect you or your home.

None of my girls (or son) got teen pregnant and yet to have kids, except for my oldest and she waited til after 5 years of marriage before she had my grand daughter.

Good luck, because you're going to need it, it was not easy by any means, me and my oldest two don't see to eye to eye, but they all have careers and are supporting themselves...
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by jammeejamm View Post
                                ha, it froze after i hit submit and then timed out.

bros, i was most certainly being facetious about boys are somehow better.

kids are dumb, ignorant enigmas. boys are fucking retarded and girls are emotionally retarded. once you have kids and you know enough people with kids, you know this. there is no reason to what they do.

no matter what you teach them, there is always a friend or friends that have just enough influence to negate what you thought you drilled into them. and that influence could change their decision(s) and create a path you as a parent cannot stop. as far a parenting, this is my only real worry about the job i am doing. no matter how honest and open you keep it, you try to keep the parent/bro/parent/bro lines and areas known and cross-able, shit goes sideways. to deny this is pretending you were never a kid yourself.

my kids are still toddlers, so i am really just on a soap box giving my perception of what i think is the right direction, for there is no one right way. i do not care what oprah says. bottom line is i am only really trying to not raise a piece of shit or a serial killer.
                                pretty damn insightful, and good luck.
                                Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                                I have three daughters so I consider a myself a fucking genius. Most will think I would be sitting on the porch with a one of my many guns/rifles/shotguns, nope, I talked to them in a nice low voice and told them every dirty little secret guys were going to say to get that pussy.
                                Sometimes I had to be vulgar, but it was no less vulgar than searing up a storm after cracking a knuckle while removing a header bolt on a 4v Cobra, one or more of them were always out helping dad in the garage.
                                My youngest was probably the hardest, she tested me, but lost. I got lucky that two of my daughters weren't around for cell phones, but I told my youngest NO on a cell, I didn't care what her friends had, she also had to bring down here land line princess phone every night at bed times, no ifs and butts! Thats where we bumped heads the hardest, but after she graduated from SMU she thanked me for doing that, the good grades she was able to get by getting a good nights sleep and not being on the hone for hours after bed time helped her.

Now stop being a pussy, you bought the phone, you pay for the phone it belongs to you, take that phone away from her and tell her why and stick to your guns, you don't and you will be raising a snowflake and she will not respect you or your home.

None of my girls (or son) got teen pregnant and yet to have kids, except for my oldest and she waited til after 5 years of marriage before she had my grand daughter.

Good luck, because you're going to need it, it was not easy by any means, me and my oldest two don't see to eye to eye, but they all have careers and are supporting themselves...
                                Thanks for the reassurance. Odd how many people hand their kids a phone and never look at it again.

Comment

Working...
                                X