DIY the "Redneck Obliterator" gatlin gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY the "Redneck Obliterator" gatlin gun

A bespoke gunsmith with a little too much time on his hands has figured out how to transform a cache of rifles into a poor man’s Gatling gun.

The DIY “Redneck Obliterator” consists of six SKS semi-automatic rifles equipped with high-capacity magazines, arranged in a circle to facilitate automatic fire. With the turn of a hand crank, each rifle discharges in rapid succession, effectively mimicking the machine gun’s iconic forerunner.

“I can’t decide if I’m awed, appalled, or a little bit of both,” wrote Bob Owens, editor of the popular website Bearing Arms, after watching a video of the gun.

Regardless, the weapon is perfectly legal and subject only to the limited regulations that govern the sale and possession of a rifle.

It’s also a bargain. Over the weekend, the Redneck Obliterator sold for $3,450 at the Rock Island Auction in Illinois, company spokesman Joel Kolander tells Vocativ. The cheapest Gatling gun replicas retail for about $6,500 on GunBroker.com, an online auction house. Original models can run as high as $75,000.

“This is more of a fun home project,” Kolander says, adding that Rock Island Auction is not allowed to disclose information about the buyer or the seller.

Ian McCollum, who edits the website Forgotten Weapons, offered some well wishes to the lucky buyer. “Congrats to the new owner!” he wrote in a Facebook post Sunday. “If you don’t already have an old Chevy pickup to mount it on, you’ll have to go buy one now.”
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

That looks like something that idiot child molester from Red Jacket would build.

Comment

He basically did build that at one point.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Pretty pointless without the extended bayonets...

Comment

I'm scurrying off to the garage to make the super duper redneck obliterator terminator deluxe..... I'm going to use 6 WASRs with 75 rd drums attached and power the crank with an electric motor..... just point and rat tat tat tat tat away.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
            I'm scurrying off to the garage to make the super duper redneck obliterator terminator deluxe..... I'm going to use 6 WASRs with 75 rd drums attached and power the crank with an electric motor..... just point and rat tat tat tat tat away.
            Yay for illegal machine gun! Have fun in prison.
            Originally posted by Marisa
            we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
              Yay for illegal machine gun! Have fun in prison.
              if it fires the same gun with one trigger pull its illegal

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                if it fires the same gun with one trigger pull its illegal
                Have fun trying to explain to the ATF that this contraption isn't a single gun/weapon.

Comment

I was referring to the electric motor crank.
                  Originally posted by Marisa
                  we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                    Have fun trying to explain to the ATF that this contraption isn't a single gun/weapon.
                    quite easy to do when the complete weapon detaches. Its not like your arguing the status of a master key shotgun.

But then again if I'm building it. It would probably be a Gatling gun, and not some redneck bullshit. Or I would go the proper FFL route

Comment

Wow some people have no sense of humor.... sorry I was in the garage the past few days working on my POS Mustang. It runs and drives now which is a huge improvement. Now to get it running much better.

And if the electric motor crank is such a huge problem, I could always make it cam driven and use a small engine, or a hamster on a wheel if I make the cam light enough and trigger pulls low enough..... Are they going to arrest the hamster?

That's what's funniest about the "laws." The guys building these things are smarter than anyone passing laws. The NY legal AR15 proves that point. No pistol grip, no flash suppressor... etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X