Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

These pigs need to be in prison...or dead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These pigs need to be in prison...or dead.

Granted, the kid should have kept his hands up but he didn't deserve to be shot. Maybe he didn't understand English?
    If officers are that afraid then they shouldn't be in law enforcement.

Yep, where's the rope? A good cop is worth his/her weight in gold. The bad, well you get the idea.
    Justin

Comment

"We just want to get home and see our families."

Serve and protect is not a police officers duty, it is a slogan they came up with to win back civilian trust. They doing a bang up job.

Comment

dont worry guys, taxpayers paid $4.7 million, I am sure it won't happen again
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Originally posted by racrguy
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I always just do wtf they say. If you don't it's probably not gonna go well. That's a tough job and you want to go home everyday. If you let someone pull a Gun on you you won't get to.

Comment

I read that this guy was the one who called 911 and had not done anything wrong. If that was my family those cops would be dead.

Comment

Those police officers were judge, jury and executioners.

Comment

Pro tip# When 4 cops with a gun pointed at your chest repeatedly yell keep your hands up, keep your hands up. Not continue to drop them toward your waistline.

As usual, there is a little more to the story than what's depicted in 90 seconds of video. Sounds like the 911 dispatcher is culpable for gross negligence of duty. The video makes a whole lot more sense put in context. However, I'll let you FTP guys continue to do your thing.

"The officers were mistakenly told by their dispatcher that the bike was stolen in a robbery, which includes theft by force and/or involving weapons, according to the Torrance Daily Breeze.

“The mind-set of the officers is very important here,” Gardena Police Lieutenant Steve Prendergast told the Daily Breeze in 2013. “What the officer knew when he was driving there was what the dispatcher was telling him.”

The 911 caller, a security guard at CVS, had told the 911 dispatcher that he didn’t think the suspects had weapons. The dispatcher said “unknown weapons,” to the officers, meaning they didn’t know if the suspects had weapons or not.

Greg Meyer, a retired LAPD captain and Richard Marks, a retired LAPD detective, provided an “independent review” of the shooting for the District Attorney’s office, said the 911 dispatchers “significantly escalated the seriousness of the crime being reported from the petty theft of unattended property to a violent felony, i.e. robbery. The supervisor and the officers in the field were dependent upon the accuracy of the broadcast information until in a position to determine otherwise.”

The officers responded quickly to the scene because it was a “three-tone call,” which meant that it was a “high priority call requiring immediate assistance.” Officer Christopher Mendez told investigators the “3-beeper” call meant that someone’s safety was concerned."

Comment

They were probably on their way back from beating up people at a Trump rally anyways, since they considered it to be Trump trespassing in Mexico.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                    Pro tip# When 4 cops with a gun pointed at your chest repeatedly yell keep your hands up, keep your hands up. Not continue to drop them toward your waistline.

As usual, there is a little more to the story than what's depicted in 90 seconds of video. Sounds like the 911 dispatcher is culpable for gross negligence of duty. The video makes a whole lot more sense put in context. However, I'll let you FTP guys continue to do your thing.

"The officers were mistakenly told by their dispatcher that the bike was stolen in a robbery, which includes theft by force and/or involving weapons, according to the Torrance Daily Breeze.

“The mind-set of the officers is very important here,” Gardena Police Lieutenant Steve Prendergast told the Daily Breeze in 2013. “What the officer knew when he was driving there was what the dispatcher was telling him.”

The 911 caller, a security guard at CVS, had told the 911 dispatcher that he didn’t think the suspects had weapons. The dispatcher said “unknown weapons,” to the officers, meaning they didn’t know if the suspects had weapons or not.

Greg Meyer, a retired LAPD captain and Richard Marks, a retired LAPD detective, provided an “independent review” of the shooting for the District Attorney’s office, said the 911 dispatchers “significantly escalated the seriousness of the crime being reported from the petty theft of unattended property to a violent felony, i.e. robbery. The supervisor and the officers in the field were dependent upon the accuracy of the broadcast information until in a position to determine otherwise.”

The officers responded quickly to the scene because it was a “three-tone call,” which meant that it was a “high priority call requiring immediate assistance.” Officer Christopher Mendez told investigators the “3-beeper” call meant that someone’s safety was concerned."

http://heavy.com/news/2015/07/ricard...anderson-toda/

So that justifies killing the kid? Because he was dropping his hands? You're fucking kidding, right? There was no gun. The cops didn't see a weapon. You absolutely cannot shoot a suspect because he fails to follow commands. If you think that's ok then you're an idiot. It's on the officer to assume the danger of the encounter. Not the "innocent until proven guilty" suspect, especially when no fucking weapon was seen.

And, maybe the kid did not understand English?

Regardless, your google search above does nothing to justify the murder of that kid.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                      So that justifies killing the kid? Because he was dropping his hands? You're fucking kidding, right? There was no gun. The cops didn't see a weapon. You absolutely cannot shoot a suspect because he fails to follow commands. If you think that's ok then you're an idiot. It's on the officer to assume the danger of the encounter. Not the "innocent until proven guilty" suspect, especially when no fucking weapon was seen.

Regardless, your google search above does nothing to justify the murder of that kid.
                      I am with you on this one. It wasn't like it was dark, it wasn't like he was making fast movements. They could see him easily and it was obeying the commands for the most part, he just seemed confused. Bunch of trigger happy jackasses unloaded on hm for no good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas
                        So that justifies killing the kid? Because he was dropping his hands? You're fucking kidding, right?
                        Apparently, you didn't read anything I posted above regarding the information that was given to the officers by the dispatcher. I didn't suggest at anytime kid should have been killed. I was just citing the reasons behind why they approached the situation the way they did, as stated in the article.

There was no gun. The cops didn't see a weapon.
                        That has to be the most ridiculous short sighted thing I've seen you say. Since when can you see a (possible) concealed weapon inside someones waistband covered by a shirt? How are they supposed to know that before hand. That's retarded, Dave.

Not the "innocent until proven guilty" suspect, especially when no fucking weapon was seen.
                        In what deluded world do you live in where that applies in modern life outside of a courtroom?

Every time they yelled at him, he immediately put his hands up. He just failed to keep them up. And that's unfortunate.

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                        Regardless, your google related find of this 90 second video clip is one part of a much larger narrative.

Comment

You see more and more shit like this now days since technology has come along.. In a situation like that since there was more than one cop, one should have had his weapon drawn covering the other officer while the other put them in restraints.. Since the victim didn't appear to have a weapon drawn, I think a taser would have been a better tool to use for not following instructions until he could restrain him (still don't think it's right) and he could've lived.. I do believe we need police, but there needs to be severe punishments for killing an unarmed man so they think twice before the ole "shoot first and ask questions later" cowboy routine..
                          "PSH!!!"

Comment

Regardless, your google related find of this 90 second video clip is one part of a much larger narrative.
                            I'm not on the FTP wagon at all, and shooting the kid without so much as seeing a weapon, or even something looking like a weapon being drawn is negligent in and of itself. One hand was completely visible, and the other was grasping a ball cap, he hadn't even made a gesture looking like he was reaching for something, or even threatening for that matter, when he was shot. The cop was plain unjustifiably trigger happy.

The city fought to keep the video gagged for a very good reason.

Comment

I was just citing the reasons behind why they approached the situation the way they did, as stated in the article.
                              It doesn't matter how they approached it and why. No one is blaming them for being cautious and having their guns pulled until they can figure out what's really going on.

If a bartender tells me that the hot chick at the end of the bar wants my dick, I will approach her with that mindset. If I get there, and she doesn't seem interested, I can't just fuck her right there on the bar stool against her will, and then blame the bartender.

That has to be the most ridiculous short sighted thing I've seen you say. Since when can you see a (possible) concealed weapon inside someones waistband covered by a shirt? How are they supposed to know that before hand.
                              You're talking about the inability to see a concealed gun. I think what most of us would be referring to here is actually seeing the gun as it's being pulled out, or at least it being a lot clearer that he was reaching for one. If they can't wait to confirm that, then they better be right when they make the assumption - especially when there is video like this for everyone to see. I don't see how anyone unbiased could see that video and assume he was reaching for a gun.

Of course they will make excuses. Of course they will try to shift blame to the dispatcher. What got that kid killed is a handful of trigger-happy cops who were looking for a chance to put holes in someone. We need zero of that kind of cop on the streets.

Comment

Working...
                              X