Sheriff seeks help from Texas Rangers, DOJ in fatal beating investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
    Man, seriously. A man should now how much alcohol he is capable of handling and have the mindset to stay below that limit. If someone does want to get totally wasted, do it at home. He'd still be alive to get drunk another day.

I do it and I'm not a heavy drinker. I know to stop after about 3 long island teas or a couple of beers and a LIT. I can tell the wife that I can't drive. It's called responsibility and that guy didn't have it.

Now, I am making one assumption...that Hernandez did something to provoked the other guy or escalate the situation. Since alcohol was involved, you know it's highly probable.
    Man I see why Brent posted. If the guy was that drunk, there is nothing he could do (that doesn't involve a weapon) that would justify someone beating or choking him to death. If he's spewing every curse word in the book while pissing all over someone's car. Fine, call the cops and let them handle it. Go complain to the manager of the place. Have your kids with you? Explain to them what's happening and why they should never be like that. It's pretty simple actually. If you confront the guy, then do it in a way that doesn't lead to a fight. By all means, you should never choke the guy out.

If it truly went down the way the story reads, I hope they hit the guy with murder...and the deceased with disorderly conduct.

Comment

so what if the drunk didnt like the way this dude was dressed, walked over and slugged the other guy in a drunken rage? Then the guy was slapping and hitting the guy while in a headlock, until he passed out? If he was truly in a headlock -not breathing- for 10 mins, he would have been dead and lifeless in half that time.

one side of the story, from the didntdonuffin's family, and we're condemning the guy for murder?
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

damn, have yall seen the vid?

god bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
          so what if the drunk didnt like the way this dude was dressed, walked over and slugged the other guy in a drunken rage? Then the guy was slapping and hitting the guy while in a headlock, until he passed out? If he was truly in a headlock -not breathing- for 10 mins, he would have been dead and lifeless in half that time.

one side of the story, from the didntdonuffin's family, and we're condemning the guy for murder?
          Again, if as the story reads, the man was in no position to fight. Subdue the man, get him on the ground, walk away (or do that in the first place). The way I read it, this guy was piss drunk. It should have been easy to duck a punch or move along. It's like fighting with a child at that point.
          Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
          damn, have yall seen the vid?

god bless.
          This. Too bad we'll probably never see what really happened.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
            Man I see why Brent posted. If the guy was that drunk, there is nothing he could do (that doesn't involve a weapon) that would justify someone beating or choking him to death. If he's spewing every curse word in the book while pissing all over someone's car. Fine, call the cops and let them handle it. Go complain to the manager of the place. Have your kids with you? Explain to them what's happening and why they should never be like that. It's pretty simple actually. If you confront the guy, then do it in a way that doesn't lead to a fight. By all means, you should never choke the guy out.

If it truly went down the way the story reads, I hope they hit the guy with murder...and the deceased with disorderly conduct.
            Yes, I agree with your first paragraph and if they can prove that the dead drunk didn't provoke a fight then yes, the other guy should be held accountable. I'm just saying had he not gotten drunk, not went out in public drunk, he wouldn't have done stupid things and gotten himself dead. It's hard to have sympathy for stupid people that bring it on themselves.

Comment

Yes, I agree with your first paragraph and if they can prove that the dead drunk didn't provoke a fight then yes, the other guy should be held accountable. I'm just saying had he not gotten drunk, not went out in public drunk, he wouldn't have done stupid things and gotten himself dead. It's hard to have sympathy for stupid people that bring it on themselves.
              millions of liberals disagree.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Man, seriously. A man should now how much alcohol he is capable of handling and have the mindset to stay below that limit. If someone does want to get totally wasted, do it at home. He'd still be alive to get drunk another day.

I do it and I'm not a heavy drinker. I know to stop after about 3 long island teas or a couple of beers and a LIT. I can tell the wife that I can't drive. It's called responsibility and that guy didn't have it.

Now, I am making one assumption...that Hernandez did something to provoked the other guy or escalate the situation. Since alcohol was involved, you know it's highly probable.
                I don't disagree with your second sentence, but still... A man shouldn't have to get drunk at home is my point. This is still a somewhat free country. Sure, we still have PI, but it's pretty rare that someone gets a PI that wasn't doing something else to draw LE attention. You know how much impact some drunk guy pissing in a parking lot has on my life? None. Not even a little bit. Point, laugh, teach your kids how not to conduct themselves, call the cops, whatever. There's a less than zero % chance I'm going to confront him, assault him, etc.

I don't even give a shit that he was pissing in the parking lot. I piss outside all the time, stone cold sober.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Naynus does more to provoke fights with his shit posts than drunk guys (or sober ones) pissing in a parking lot.

Comment

Bad situation all around, I would be dead a hundred thousand times over(and several board members I know) if the penalty for pissing while outside and drinking. I would love to see the video and really hope the kids didn't watch their dad beat a man to death. Everyone in this story was playing the stupid game and lost.

Comment

I report, you decide

2015 Premium GT (50th Anniversary Package)
                      2014 Lincoln MKT

Comment

Usually on the side of the sobers but that appears excessive, he had numbers, enough they could block out the video. Looks like murder or manslaughter to me.
                        1965 Ford Falcon Pro-Touring Project
                        TCI F/R Suspension, 3V-4.6 & TR3560, LT III Wheels

sigpic
                        Work In Progress

Comment

The white trash runneth thick on that video.

Comment

Why did no one kick that man in the face? Or choke his ass? Unbelievable how many people acted so helpless.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post

I'm going to just put this here again after the video. Book him, Danno.

Comment

Yeah... he done fucked up

Comment

Working...
                                X