Motor mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor mount

How important is that little nipple part protruding from the motor mount. It appears that the said part was shaved off of the driver side MM.
    .....bro....

On a foxbody it is not important. The aftermarket mounts don’t even come with them.

Comment

I have a set of barely used vert mounts that I’d like to sell if you’re interested.

Comment

It’s for a 95. Im getting some rapid thud sounds and idk where it’s coming from. Thought it was the mm and since I planned on replacing them with some poly mounts I figured I’d swap them out with some Anchors first, to see if it would stop the noise. Then I get under there and the mounts are in great shape, it just that the one with the thing shaved off has the bolt touching the k member and I’m wondering if that’s why I’m hearing noise and if that little nipple is supposed to hold the mount in place?
        .....bro....

Comment

you shaved your nipple off?

Comment

Some other perv did
            .....bro....

Comment

The nipple is for alignment. It's meant to drop down into a hole or recess to align the mounts into the k member since the actual stud holes are slotted. If you're concerned about it being the noise, I'd recommend loosening both motor mount nuts, moving the engine around to allow them to settle as close to a factory position as possible and tighten them back down securely to see if you gain clearance in the area needed and cure your problem.

Comment

If you do get new mounts, Summit has a great deal on a poly kit. I put these on my 95 and am very happy with them.

Comment

I was almost certain that I was going to pull the pass side mount and it was going to be busted but it was in great shape as was the driver side. The only difference between the two was the location where the stud poked through. Pass side was tightened in the center of the hole and the driver side stud was sitting at the bottom of the hole.
                  .....bro....

Comment

I had to shave that nipple off cause those mounts are for a fox body...I got fox body mounts cause they positioned the motor as low as possible in a sn95 without going to vert mounts. Regular sn95 mounts wouldn't work cause they made the motor sit just a little too high

and just an fyi, poly mounts won't work either on that car. It will raise the motor too much and cause the hood not too close...I still have the brand new poly mounts for that car sitting on the shelf

Comment

Oh. Thank you for chiming in. I ordered 95 mounts because as I may have mentioned before, I was 100% sure that one was busted. Since they’re not, I’ll probably just return the 95s and put the old ones back on.
                      .....bro....

Comment

Working...
                      X