01 xterra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 01 xterra

Been looking for a new off road vehicle to replace my 97 F150 that got wrecked back in November. Finally found something I'd be happy with.
    01 Xterra 4x4 3.3 v6 auto.
    Not a bad truck. It's been nice to drive not much in the way of power for for 2k and under 200k miles in happy with it. The guy I got it from already had the ARB bumper on it. That was a big selling point for me. Still has good AT tires on it.

Since owning it I've put a new timing belt, water pump, main seal, and new oil pan gasket. The trans was rebuilt 6 months ago and still has 6 months on warranty. Oh and I put a led light bar on the front.

we took it camping at turner falls for spring breake and it performed like a champ

Lots of like todo to it but the OL wants me to wait till after the wedding next year to spend a lot of money on it so I'm just going to drive it for now.

did they replace the radiator with the trans?
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I don't know if they did or not. When the timing belt was done they flushed the radiator and said it all looked good. I'd hope they flushed the trans cooler. I'm going to be putting a aftermarket trans cooler on it fairly soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
        I don't know if they did or not. When the timing belt was done they flushed the radiator and said it all looked good. I'd hope they flushed the trans cooler. I'm going to be putting a aftermarket trans cooler on it fairly soon.
        they have a bad habit of the trans cooler breaking and mixing hte coolant and trans fluid, ruining the trans.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Yeah I herd they were a problematic like that. Everyone has told me to put a external trans cooler on it.

Comment

Buddy of mine loved the one he had especially after he put lockers in it front & rear. I've seen plenty of trail worthy Xterras over the years.
            Originally posted by Jester
            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
            Originally posted by Denny
            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

I've been following some xterra pages and seeing what other people are doing and they can be bad ass trucks but got damn the parts are expensive. Lol

Comment

Im reasonably sure this is the xterra I helped a tiny bit on. It was passed around to several shops around DFW before a friend put the finishing touches on. I with I could say it was a really nice build... It had solid axles front and rear and an LSX.

Comment

That is exactly what I'm wanting todo to mine.

Comment

That one was pretty cool when it was finally done... But, I'm pretty sure it took most of a decade to undo the work that UniqueConcepts did at the start.

Nice choice on ARB bumper. Had one on my last truck and loved it.. Not happy they don't produce one for my current truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Treybiz View Post
                      That one was pretty cool when it was finally done... But, I'm pretty sure it took most of a decade to undo the work that UniqueConcepts did at the start.

Nice choice on ARB bumper. Had one on my last truck and loved it.. Not happy they don't produce one for my current truck.
                      It still wasnt "right" but it was close. Russ still owned beartrax back then, and he raced with us. We were building a cage for one of our cars and he needed to get a few suspension parts finished, so I welded them up while he did some other shit. The alignment shop said it wasnt ever going to be trued up without a redo, but it was close and would drive straight down the road.

Comment

Haven't been on here in what seems like forever. The X is still running strong. Changed the wheels and tires out. Mostly been doing maintenance on it before I dump a lot of money into it. This is from my trip to Amarillo a few months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Comment

Good looking Nissan. I bought one of those brand new when they first came out due to the fantastic commercials. I do agree they could use a little more power but overall I liked it.
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                              X