Auto stop/start vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto stop/start vehicles

Is anyone with a vehicle that has the auto stop/start shit on it, have issues after a while where it never shuts off?
    2016 F-150, got end of December, less than 6K miles, and it has not shut off in over 2 months. No AC, radio, etc. on at a light, nothing but the engine running, and it never stops anymore.
    Battery level is OK, the computer shows it is on and functioning.

I read on a forum that it thinks the battery charge is too low, so will not stop/start any longer. Trying a trickle charger on it now, but it pegs the meter out almost as soon as I plugged it in.

I hate auto start/stop. It has annoyed the hell out of me on every car I've owned that has it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
      I hate auto start/stop. It has annoyed the hell out of me on every car I've owned that has it.
      I don't mind it when I drive the truck in heavy rush hour traffic, thru downtown Keller/Southlake. I've probably driven it 10 - 12 times, but it definitely saves on gas when sitting at some lights for a while. I could get 23 MPG before, now it is in the 19 range, mostly from sitting.
      And don't get me started on the fucking train at 377, MF'er gets me at least once a week!

Comment

I just noticed when it "should" stop the engine, the A light has a line thru it and is grey. Computer shows "Engine Running, System Charging" on the Auto Stop/Start screen. WTF, the battery is fully charged!

Comment

My DD Honda Insight stops / re-starts every time I stop. Took a while to get used to it and I override it on hot summer days to keep the A/C running. No problems with the feature though and it is a 2010 model. It definitely helps on gas mileage. Mid 40's around town.

Comment

None of my cars are new enough to have this feature but I rented a Jeep SUV last summer that had it and it fucking drove me insane.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I turn it off every time in my Benz
              2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

I rented a POS Escape with that shit feature. I hated it. Stop at a fuckng stop sign and car shuts off. Push gas pedal... wait for piece of shit to restart... pause.... wait more... oh now it's gonna go.

It may be perfect for people that love missing green lights because they are so busy texting, but to me it's almost as annoying as Rodnaynay.

Comment

I have a 2017 F-150. I got annoyed with it so I got in the BCM and turned it off. So now I don't have to remember to press the button.
                  sigpic

Comment

I have it on the '17 but it stays off since the car is only driven on the highway and I really don't see the need to use this feature.

Sounds like you need to take back to the Stealership Rob...
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                      I turn it off every time in my Benz
                      The same for me in the Jag and my old Porsche. I wish I could disable it permanently.

However, I will say that the best implementation of auto start/stop, that I've tried, was in the 2016 F150. It was nearly perfect in that you had to be paying attention to notice it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                        I have it on the '17 but it stays off since the car is only driven on the highway and I really don't see the need to use this feature.

Sounds like you need to take back to the Stealership Rob...
                        Yeah, I'll be taking it in for Service to take a look.

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                        The same for me in the Jag and my old Porsche. I wish I could disable it permanently.

However, I will say that the best implementation of auto start/stop, that I've tried, was in the 2016 F150. It was nearly perfect in that you had to be paying attention to notice it.
                        No kidding, you don't even have to come all the way off the brake before the engine has started, it's really quick, and the little 6 banger is so quiet you don't really notice it.

Comment

^^^^. Yea, that's exactly what I'm talkin' about.

Comment

I'm either really sensitive or my brother's 2016 F150 2.7 eco was built on a Friday afternoon. I can def feel it when it shuts off and turns back on. Thankfully it has a button to turn it off.

Comment

I'm thinking about upgrading to a 17 F150 and this is the one thing I'm worried will drive me crazy.

Comment

Working...
                              X