Sending my Mystic to the body shop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mark Preus View Post
    Give me a shout 214-991-1725. I just got done painting Wish4svts mystic two weeks ago. I spray PPG. I used mystic mixed by PPG and it was and exact match. I repaired and painted his hood and front bumper. Heres some pics

A pic of the color of the hood after it was put back on matching up to the fender

I just called you brother. Is the PPG Mystic expensive as the BASF is?

Comment

Nice work Mark. Where abouts are you located?

Comment

Originally posted by f0ur sixer View Post
        Nice work Mark. Where abouts are you located?
        Thanks I live in Mesquite but the shop is in Mabank
        1997 viper gts
        1986 turbo mustang
        1987 Buick grand national
        1972 nova

Comment

I didn't know that PPG now mixed Mystic? And I only use BASF Mystic and it comes from a paint store in Minn. The last quart I bought was from there and it it right at $600.00. From the pictures you posted Mark it looks dead on, but the proof is on the eye of the painter. Though you seem to know your stuff so Ill take your word for it. Unfortunatly I will not buy a fucking thing from ENGLISH COLOR, so I'll have to look to another PPG supplier if there is one locally and get a price check.
          Also on the BASF Mystic you do have to spray a black base first and then a coast or two of Mystic.
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
            I didn't know that PPG now mixed Mystic? And I only use BASF Mystic and it comes from a paint store in Minn. The last quart I bought was from there and it it right at $600.00. From the pictures you posted Mark it looks dead on, but the proof is on the eye of the painter. Though you seem to know your stuff so Ill take your word for it. Unfortunatly I will not buy a fucking thing from ENGLISH COLOR, so I'll have to look to another PPG supplier if there is one locally and get a price check.
            Also on the BASF Mystic you do have to spray a black base first and then a coast or two of Mystic.
            We don't use English color. We buy from finish master
            1997 viper gts
            1986 turbo mustang
            1987 Buick grand national
            1972 nova

Comment

I'll have to check it out next time I need some more Mystic. I have about a pint in Glasurit and I have almost a full quart of Mystic Chrome in DuPont Chroma Premier. I use Standox and DuPont Chroma premier lines now so I've been out of the PPG loop for awhile.
              You can re-open the post you closed Mark. That ChevyII looks sweet.
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Give me a shout 214-991-1725. I just got done painting Wish4svts mystic two weeks ago. I spray PPG. I used mystic mixed by PPG and it was and exact match. I repaired and painted his hood and front bumper. Heres some pics

A pic of the color of the hood after it was put back on matching up to the fender

Good job!

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                  Henry Painted my 1st Mystic Roof,rear bumper,driversfender,side skirt

Comment

I'm pretty sure that mystic is not mixed at the store. It has always been a factory pac. My coupe was basf Ocean It was a lot cleaner color that the mystic, it didn't have that grayish flop that mystic does.

The feds hired basf to make a color for the new money(20s and 100s back then) and in return basf got to put the new tech. paint on a limited # of cars, the mystic cobra. The color changing part of our money is mystic.

I had a mystic cobra in my shop (about 12 years ago) and when I was ready to spray it the paint store came down w/ the paint and waited for me to spray it. When I was done I poured the leftover paint back in their can and they took it with them. Feds were afraid of counterfiters back then was the story that we were told.

Yes you have to lay down a couple coats of black base first. If you are doing a complete you can put it over dark blue and it looks better imo. With a lot of transparent colors you have to use the right color ground coat. I shot 2 different reds this week that had to be ground coated with white. You acheive coverage a lot faster with a ground coat.

Comment

I called you today to set up a time for you to look over the car. I'd like to set up something tomorrow.

Comment

Mystic 96 is one of my all time favorite Mustangs... I'd love to see it when it's done.
                        Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                          Mystic 96 is one of my all time favorite Mustangs... I'd love to see it when it's done.
                          Sure man, anytime. It's a clean car but I'm a perfectionist.

I just changed the fogs out since I've burn through every after market fog known to sn95 Cobras. I decided to try some AutoZone lights.

Comment

Man, I didn't know you did repair work as well! You are fucking awesome! Let me show you some of the cars I have painted.

Comment

Damn nice mark

Comment

Originally posted by sickpony View Post
                                man, i didn't know you did repair work as well! You are fucking awesome! Let me show you some of the cars i have painted.
                                lol...
                                Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

Working...
                                X