No announcement yet.

First paintjob,spraying flat black and need info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah I comprehend it... still feel like I should try to talk him down from the side of the building
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by geartaker View Post
      The couple people i know where saying its the easist to do.They said its just like primer, dumd asses. The cobra was just a pic off google to show what i was wanting, cause there are some that look to flat like black primer and i seen some that had to much shine. My buddy that has the compresser works at a body shop as a bodyman and the painter there is letting me use one of his sprayers.Id ask him to show me but we had some issues.
      Killinsbf:I was thinkin single just for the fact of its going to be my first spray so if it looks like ass im not out much money and im just wanting to do somthing with it cause im tired of the primer look
      They are the dumb asses. You are going to fuck it up. Enjoy your shitty paintjob.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
        and it will still look like a primered mustang...

you put a nice satin black job on a $250k car? it looks like a $250k car...

you put the nicest possible flat job on a mustang? it looks like a primered POS IMO
        This^
        Ded

Comment

I have painted flat black stripes on some cars and ground effects in hot rod black, they came out pretty good, only the 2k stuff will last and be durable. It will scratch thoughand you really can't fix it, buffing will make it shiney.
          A few months ago I had a guy that wanted his Harley aluminum wheels painted, like most harley guys I knew he wanted it right and not to peel or chip. I found some stuff at NCS in Garland (used to be Metro color supply) Its called Xtreme flat clear (5165) they sell it in quarts too. I just cleaned the aluminum real well (dawn, soapy water and wax&greased removed) red scotch brite pad, applied some etching primer (2k) and black basecoat and then applied the flatting clear coat. They came out real nice and its real durable, you don't have to worry about scratches, chipping or bird shit fucking it up like the single stage flat black 2k stuff...
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

The couple people i know where saying its the easist to do.They said its just like primer, dumd asses. The cobra was just a pic off google to show what i was wanting, cause there are some that look to flat like black primer and i seen some that had to much shine. My buddy that has the compresser works at a body shop as a bodyman and the painter there is letting me use one of his sprayers.Id ask him to show me but we had some issues.
            Killinsbf:I was thinkin single just for the fact of its going to be my first spray so if it looks like ass im not out much money and im just wanting to do somthing with it cause im tired of the primer look
            You are going to fuck it up badly by being a newbie and not having a fucking clue what to do. It has already been covered with excellent advice on here.

If your friends are saying it is easy, they are completely full of shit. Enjoy dealing with the tiger stripes and the patches that get too much texture, etc.

The good thing is, your bodyshop buddy can fix it after you fucked it up since he opened his mouth.
            May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
            Semper Fi

Comment

You know how I was saying we should be nicer to the noobs, this is not one of them. I just want to put this out there. I don't know why people come on to a board for help then call names and get upset when someone expresses an opinion. You should try dfwstangs.net , You can get all the help you need there.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
                You know how I was saying we should be nicer to the noobs, this is not one of them. I just want to put this out there. I don't know why people come on to a board for help then call names and get upset when someone expresses an opinion. You should try dfwstangs.net , You can get all the help you need there.
                exactly. Shaggin, your advice was top notch and shows clearly that you are an expert in your field.
                Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by Jester View Post
                  exactly. Shaggin, your advice was top notch and shows clearly that you are an expert in your field.
                  Thanks Jester. There's plenty of people on here with knowledge on many things, its a shame someone is not bright enough to understand and appreciative of the resources of this board.

Comment

Shaggin:I was not calling anyone on here any names or getting upset with any of the advice! I was talking about the cats that said it was going to be easy like primer. Why would I post for help and advice then get mad and disrespect anybody trying to help me? That's F***in stupid if anyone has done it,which i guess has happened by the response.If anyone thinks that was directed towards them, then I apologize cause it wasn't! Thanks to the guys that have replied helping me out.
                    Ace Duce

I can't play in the deep end of the sandbox, that's where the leprechaun is and he tells me to burn things!
                    sigpic

Comment

Shaggin:I was not calling anyone on here any names or getting upset with any of the advice! I was talking about the cats that said it was going to be easy like primer. Why would I post for help and advice then get mad and disrespect anybody trying to help me? That's F***in stupid if anyone has done it,which i guess has happened by the response.If anyone thinks that was directed towards them, then I apologize cause it wasn't! Thanks to the guys that have replied helping me out.
                      good to go. Seriously though, you are gonna have a very hard time with this paintjob.
                      Semper Fi

Comment

Man if you want cheap, flat black paint, get some John Deere blitz black. All you gotta do is mix in hardener and spray. I would do a light final coat to blend and abnormalities and change up the pattern. It will still look like primer unless the car has been highly customized but even then it will be close on a fox.
                        Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Jester:Thanks

I have a buddy with a Harley night train that is flat black and I liked how it looked all blacked out and started thinking about doing it to the coupe.I was also under the impression it was a easy job,but as im seeing its not.
                          Ace Duce

I can't play in the deep end of the sandbox, that's where the leprechaun is and he tells me to burn things!
                          sigpic

Comment

I see, its all good. The way it was typed out, I think I misunderstood. There's very good people on this board that are very knowledgeable. Welcome to the board and enjoy.

Comment

Personally I just don't think the body lines of a Fox work in flat/matte. I will say that your bodywork has to be flawless to even begin to think it will look decent. When you think it is 100% you're probably ~80%.

Good luck with what you decide, please post pics (good or bad) once you get it done. Progress pics are even better.

Comment

I rattle canned my old '82, but that was because someone shot gray primer all over an already trashed maroon factory paint, so no loss. I just wanted it one color and had a bunch of flat black paint laying around, lol.

My .02, dead set on a flat paint job, just wrap it in vinyl, so you can peel it off when youre tired of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X