DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > The Back Porch

The Back Porch General Discussions for topics that don't belong in other forums.

Old 06-12-2019, 07:59 PM   #1
Forever_frost
Bullet Sponge

Angry Almost ate a semi trailer today

I bought one of the little Can Am Spyders a week ago Saturday and I'm still getting used to it. Today I tested out the Spyder's brakes from 65 to zero. I was cruising back from town after working out and a semi pulling a flatbed trailer decided to look at me coming and pull long ways across the highway and park there, blocking all oncoming traffic for a good 2 minutes.

When he did this, I was so close I could see him look at me, then look down at something in his passenger seat, then pull across the road and stop again and look at something in his passenger seat.
I laid on the brakes as hard as I could and hit the clutch on the bike and I'm honestly surprised. The bike didn't move out of the straight line she was in, didn't slide or do anything other than come to a complete stop rapidly. I was probably 20 feet from the trailer when I did stop though.

I am not however, impressed with the horn that I laid down on that sounded like an angry bee to show my displeasure. He backed up for a moment then continued on his way with a car behind me that somehow stopped before I did.

Very happy with the Spyder, not happy with the truck driver.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:29 PM   #2
shumpertdavid
You Can't Fix Stupid
VIP Member

You were being watched out for sir. That situation could have had all kinds of bad turnouts.
shumpertdavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:28 PM   #3
Rick Modena
Cockasaurusmex ®
VIP Member

Damn man, those who know me, know that I live life to it's fullest, but if I were you I might not be pushing my luck, unless your ready to check out that is...
Rick Modena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 01:15 AM   #4
JC316
Lifer

Damn, glad everything turned out OK. I've been encountering an inordinate amount of dumb fucks on the road here lately. Just the other day I had an old man nearly take the front off from my Camaro when he didn't yield at a turn. He never even saw me.
JC316 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 11:39 AM   #5
Forever_frost
Bullet Sponge

I have this theory that I'm immortal until God calls my number, especially given my history but... theory versus looking at that flatbed trailer coming at my chest.

PTSD fueled reflexes though. Have to give them credit for reaction time.
Old 06-13-2019, 12:19 PM   #6
JC316
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever_frost View Post
I have this theory that I'm immortal until God calls my number, especially given my history but... theory versus looking at that flatbed trailer coming at my chest.

PTSD fueled reflexes though. Have to give them credit for reaction time.
I've got that same theory, but I sure as shit don't want to test it out.
JC316 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 12:29 PM   #7
4bangen
©4bangen©

Glad you are okay.
4bangen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 01:16 PM   #8
BP
infidel

The horns aren't motorcycle specific, you can probably put some airhorns on if you have the room. I put a generic car one on my Harley when the stocker gave up.
BP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 05:17 PM   #9
Captain Crawfish
Lifer

Always expect the unexpected. You should see the shit people pull on myself and others all day long. Sad part is it’s getting a lot more frequent and aggressive drivers are everywhere. We have cameras So the cutoff and brake check shit will easily show up if it’s bad enough.

Last edited by Captain Crawfish; 06-13-2019 at 08:56 PM.
Captain Crawfish is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
alp stays chubby, get better brakes, nay giving driver a bj, naymadhewreckedbike, ssjunk prefer a fully, svo wasn't scared