DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > The Back Porch

The Back Porch General Discussions for topics that don't belong in other forums.

Old 06-10-2019, 03:06 PM   #1
the spindoctor
Time Served

Default Selling house to an investor?

Anyone done this before? Other than getting lowballed, any scams or shady stuff to watch out for? The house needs more work than I can afford to do now, and would likely be hard for borrowers to to get financing for as is. The investor option just seems like a quick, easy option.

Thoughts?
the spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 03:45 PM   #2
DON SVO
The Bad
VIP Member

My fathers house sold to an investor. I actually came out about where I expected to be prior to improvements so it was a break even and I didn’t have touch jack shit. I got cut a check at the title office and we we done in literally 6 days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrtuckteezy
dont downshift!!
Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.
DON SVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 03:45 PM   #3
svauto-erotic855
I know everything, I'm older than you
VIP Member

Douchebags are profiting from your misfortune. I would rather sit in a house that's falling down around my ears then sell it to one of those guys. They remind me of the cash for gold stores that you see everywhere.
Old 06-10-2019, 03:59 PM   #4
bcoop
Lifer

I’ve got an investor, if you want to send me contact name, number, and email, I’ll have him call you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.
bcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 06:37 PM   #5
Gasser64
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
Douchebags are profiting from your misfortune.
C'mon man. That's how the game is played. One day you're the douchebag, the next day you're the... the... well you know.
Old 06-10-2019, 09:18 PM   #6
MustangPoser
Time Served

I would recommend you find a BEGINNER investor. Have a BUNCH of investors come by and ask them for an offer and you will get back to them in two weeks. Find the highest bidder.

My dads friend looked at investors for a house with comps at 350k while living out of state. The investors I sent him all low balled around 270k. He felt insulted, tried to flip it himself - he gave a 10k deposit to one guy for the kitchen who was arrested a week later smoking meth in the garage at 3am. It took him a year to sell and while he made a bit, he made a little bit but for a year of hassle I doubt he came out ahead.

Find an amateur. They almost always loose on their first flip and will over bid.
MustangPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 11:33 PM   #7
svauto-erotic855
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasser64 View Post
C'mon man. That's how the game is played. One day you're the douchebag, the next day you're the... the... well you know.
I don't blame them for trying to make a buck but I've had them try to buy stuff from me that's not for sale and then get butt hurt when I tell them my only price.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:51 PM   #8
krazy kris
Lifer

I sold my last house to an investor it wasn't on the market for 2 days before it sold. I bought it in 2012 for 120k and sold it in 2016 for 150k to an investor that never looked at the house. I was happy but kind of pissed I painted the entire freaking house inside and out, put new carpets in the bedrooms and the rest of the house was tile, new stainless dishwasher and stove. A few other little repairs. After closing they came and repainted, new appliances, new tile, I spent a month doing all that and could have saved a couple Grand. I did like not having to worry about any issues with funding at closing or anything like that with an individual buyer.
krazy kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 03:04 AM   #9
kingjason
Notorious PIG

Make sure they are legit. I have seen people lose all their equity over being in a hurry. Like 80k to a con man.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:44 AM   #10
KBScobravert
Lifer
VIP Member

I actually follow a few FB pages for Wholesale "we pay cash for house" folks. Do your homework on the comps, after repair value and how much improvements/repairs are going to cost. I've been trying to learn the game to figure out how to buy from them.

I'll tell you from what have seen, they are making a sizable chunk for each seller and buyer they bring to the table. Assignment fees is what theyh call it. They are like scabs but got the hustle to deal with 100s rejections for every deal they close.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 06-11-2019, 10:30 AM   #11
MustangPoser
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBScobravert View Post
I'll tell you from what have seen, they are making a sizable chunk for each seller and buyer they bring to the table. Assignment fees is what theyh call it. They are like scabs but got the hustle to deal with 100s rejections for every deal they close.
One of the companies I've worked with does this. The agents and the company make a TON of money. The agents get assigned a lead, they close the deal, and pass it over to an investor who pays a big chunk for the opportunity to buy the property.

Another hustle I see is where people search down land owners and low ball them on the property. They then have a 90 day/180 day option to purchase the land, so they line up a buyer and make the sale without having put anything down on the land they just flipped.
MustangPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 11:06 AM   #12
svauto-erotic855
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangPoser View Post
One of the companies I've worked with does this. The agents and the company make a TON of money. The agents get assigned a lead, they close the deal, and pass it over to an investor who pays a big chunk for the opportunity to buy the property.

Another hustle I see is where people search down land owners and low ball them on the property. They then have a 90 day/180 day option to purchase the land, so they line up a buyer and make the sale without having put anything down on the land they just flipped.
This, these are the twat waffles that harass me constantly.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:21 AM   #13
KBScobravert
Lifer
VIP Member

And it's how Dave Ramsey got started. Flipping paper.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 06-11-2019, 11:28 AM   #14
lincolnboy
By da people fo da people

If it's a good location and decent house. I'd wait. Someone will buy it as is and fix it how they want to. Or another investor will come along
lincolnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 02:28 PM   #15
the spindoctor
Time Served

Thanks for the replies. This is my first house, bought the place as a long term fixer upper back in 08 when I was young and single, never really thought I'd want to move anywhere else.

Just trying to weigh my options and trying to avoid financing issues with conventional buyers because the house needs repairs. Nice established older neighborhood in Garland.
the spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 02:37 PM   #16
ceyko
Lifer

Buddy used investors for a run down place in Howe - basically same story as DON SVO.
ceyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 05:41 PM   #17
Gasser64
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBScobravert View Post
Do your homework on the comps, after repair value and how much improvements/repairs are going to cost.
If you're gonna sell, wouldn't you just get an appraisal and stick to that? Seems like the best way to go.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:07 PM   #18
beefed88
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kris View Post
I sold my last house to an investor it wasn't on the market for 2 days before it sold. I bought it in 2012 for 120k and sold it in 2016 for 150k to an investor that never looked at the house. I was happy but kind of pissed I painted the entire freaking house inside and out, put new carpets in the bedrooms and the rest of the house was tile, new stainless dishwasher and stove. A few other little repairs. After closing they came and repainted, new appliances, new tile, I spent a month doing all that and could have saved a couple Grand. I did like not having to worry about any issues with funding at closing or anything like that with an individual buyer.
So why did you waste your money?
CRF50

Widebody whore.
beefed88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:10 PM   #19
krazy kris
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefed88 View Post
So why did you waste your money?
I did all that work before putting it up for sale
krazy kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:54 PM   #20
SSMAN
Lifer

Open door an companies like that buy to flip. So u will get low balled. They thrive on people on the verge of foreclosure
SSMAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
how many nays in ur hood?, nay in for lowballs, nay investor=pimp, pimps pimp nay out