Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have a cheap older system they need gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just use mine, I accidentally wget the internet.

Comment

Whatever you get CJ, I found the SSD for you:

Some think it's a stapler; others think it looks like an AR15 "upper." No matter what you think, the Apacer PT920 Commando is a high-performance NVMe SSD with a high rate of IOPS firepower.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
        Whatever you get CJ, I found the SSD for you:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...-ssd,5157.html
        Lol!
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
          Just use mine, I accidentally wget the internet.
          I'd like to see a properly setup Plex server. I need to know the best way to organize content. If you're offering.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
            I'd like to see a properly setup Plex server. I need to know the best way to organize content. If you're offering.

Comment

Also, if you're gonna set yours to generate thumbnails from the media for when the user(s) seeks, have your plex app data folder OFF the root drive and NOT on the same drive as any of the media. As well, place your transcoder temp folder elsewhere. I have my media spread over 4 hdds...
              Last edited by Tx Redneck; 11-03-2017, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                What is your email and I'll send you an invite.

Code:
                [abecx@home.abe.cx media]$ df -h /remote/media/
                Filesystem                     Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
                10.0.0.5:/local/storage/media   41T   27T   14T  66% /remote/media

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                Also, if you're gonna set yours to generate thumbnails from the media for when the user(s) seeks, have your plex app data folder OFF the root drive and NOT on the same drive as any of the media. As well, place your transcoder temp folder elsewhere. I have my media spread over 4 hdds...
                Very good tips. I have an SSD array that I use for my transcoding and temporary transcoding directories as well as for the plex cache which gets really large. I use symlinks, but you can also update the config.

There are two types of transcoding, one is for users that want to download media to their device ( if they have a plex pass account they can ) and the other for transcoding live streams. To do the live streams you have to symlink, I could not find an option in the config to adjust it.

I use the subzero channel for subtitles since I have a shitload of anime. It makes sure that all shows have proper ones.
                Last edited by abecx; 11-03-2017, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X