Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

eBay vs drop boxes within the USA. Most likely I'm getting scammed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay vs drop boxes within the USA. Most likely I'm getting scammed.

Been selling for the last 10 year's on eBay. I only sell and ship within the USA. It's easier to calculate shipping and weeds out scammer's but the last two days with two separate buyer's who both have drop boxes in Miami, Florida but of course they live in the Dominican Republic. I had to cancel twice for this BS! What gives? They can't pay me thru PayPal and eBay allows these bidders to bid on my items even with restrictions of United States only in my listings.

eBay's business model is so screwed with these drop box buyer's! PayPal will not let foriegn buyers pay with eBay USA restrictions if you set it up that way!

Miami Florida shipping $7.90
    Dominican republic shipping $44.45

Comment

Can't you exclude international bidders?

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
        eBay's business model is so screwed with these drop box buyer's! PayPal will not let foriegn buyers pay with eBay USA restrictions if you set it up that way!

Miami Florida shipping $7.90
        Dominican republic shipping $44.45
        Ebay's business model has always been "fuck the seller", which is weird since the seller is the one that gives them the money.

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
          Can't you exclude international bidders?
          Doesn't matter when they use their physical address to a mailing drop box

Comment

PayPal will not except payments from a drop box when you're credit card address is different

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
              Ebay's business model has always been "fuck the seller", which is weird since the seller is the one that gives them the money.
              So true, I bought a cheapo windscreen for my bike and it did suck but they refunded 48 hours after it hit Ebay's return center, not the seller's. No way the vendor got it back in time to inspect it.

Comment

did they have bad feedback or any other cause for concern other than the shipping?

Comment

I sell tons of shit using Ebay's Global Shipping drop box service. 99.9% of the time it is legit......

Comment

Originally posted by hxbernal View Post
                    did they have bad feedback or any other cause for concern other than the shipping?
                    under 10 feedback ratings

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                    I sell tons of shit using Ebay's Global Shipping drop box service. 99.9% of the time it is legit......
                    that's fine but they can't pay me if PayPal doesn't allow them to

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                      under 10 feedback ratings
                      ok, probably a good call on your part.

I'm not a big seller on ebay but the last 2 items I sold was in January and the delivery address was to drop shippers in Miami.

Both items were PS4 related (3 game bundle and a controller) and both sold within an hour from each other so my you're getting fucked detector pegged...

Did some quick research and that's seems to be kind of a common thing now but definitely need to cover your ass and do your homework on the buyer(s). One person had a feedback of 77 the other 650 and both at 100% so I said fuck it.

Both went through without a hitch and both left me positive rating.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                        My first one caught me off guard. I've now sold a few model car builds to overseas buyers apparently using the global shipping option.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Working...
                        X