Little league baseball question..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
    We do not play rec ball (re Little League) but in Select baseball, it's more like watching smaller version of high school teams play (at least at the Major level). You dont see much of that chatter crap at competitive levels. It's baseball, not the carnival.
    this with the approach that kids don't deserved to be subjected to any kind of heckling, you either cheer, or clap, or yell come on blue... and get it over with.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
      Not really. They don't have to pay attention to yell stupid shit at the other team.
      So you're saying if the team is watching for the pitcher to throw the ball over the plate to tell the batter to swing their heads/eyes aren't following the ball? I disagree..

Also in the dugout
      "Let's go tony let's go" while he's @ bat would also keep their heads in the game as they are watching at least which batter is up and keeping an eye on their players instead of talking about minecraft.. This will help remind them the prder of the lineup and see the current pitchers speed. I probably should reword my first post as while in the dugout they should be supporting the batters and base runners..

I'm not a little baseball expert but keeping a 8-9 year olds attention is kinda hard..
      "PSH!!!"

Comment

Probably because they would be "tossed" for bullying the batter. Also surprised they still keep score... To many feel it will damage their kids because they can't win all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
          Probably because they would be "tossed" for bullying the batter. Also surprised they still keep score... To many feel it will damage their kids because they can't win all the time.
          I don't get that shit. My kid won't play in league he can't lose in. Push to win but understanding what losing feels like is just as important lesson to learn.
          07 f250-family truckster
          08 Denali -baby hauler
          52 f1-rust bucket
          05 Jeep tj. Buggy
          livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Some of these leagues, not just baseball, have become very soft where everyone is a winner and there are no losers. Little League is one of those leagues.

Comment

LET THE BiG DOG EAT!!
              How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                We do not play rec ball (re Little League) but in Select baseball, it's more like watching smaller version of high school teams play (at least at the Major level). You dont see much of that chatter crap at competitive levels. It's baseball, not the carnival.
                This. You see it some at the rec level, but not at select. The kids will cheer for each other, but the songs and chants are saved for softball games.

Comment

It's alive and well in high school baseball!
                  Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

Originally posted by Wish4svts View Post
                    It's alive and well in high school baseball!
                    Because the silly-assed coaches encourage it? At least mine used too, especially for the "pine-riders" so they would keep their "head in the game".

Comment

I assistant coach on my kids little league team and we stopped them just because they were doing it to their own players in practice. They are only 7-8 year olds so they don't get the concept of when and who to do it to.

Comment

Working...
                      X