Trump moves to ban bumpstocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
    Not exactly what I was talking about. I'm speaking of threats. They were nearly all threats. (which they carried out)

"I'm going to do x on x day."

There is quite a large difference between that, and what you're referring to. Yes, under that kind of oppression, over half this site would be given one of their "evaluations". But nobody here has ever said "I'm going to go shoot up the place". So I think the distinction would be easy to enforce.
    Originally posted by red89notch View Post
    Put this guy on the list!
    You need to learn not to bite the hook... I don't trust anyone to accurately determine the mental state of people I know or myself. If you think allowing bump stocks and accessories to be banned is bad, then allowing mental health to enter the picture with the government making the rules is absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
      As I posted in a FB "debate"

Who gets to make the decisions? What conditions will get a pass and what will be exclusionary?

Will we rely on doctors? Even with illnesses that can be diagnosed with empirical testing there are misdiagnoses all the time. Behavioral science is less precise, so how far into the grey area of an individual doctor's thoughts, beliefs, and biases are you willing to go on this?

Will we rely on lawmakers? No matter what side of the aisle you're on it's very obvious that money buys influence, so who do you trust to buy your rights?

Will we rely on the FBI? They've demonstrated gross negligence lately on multiple fronts. Even seemingly neutral agencies (DHS, FCC, EPA, etc) have been shown to have politicized agendas

At what point do all of these regulations prevent reasonable people from exercising their right to self defense? (see: District of Columbia v. Heller)

Until big issues like that can be sorted out (fairly and objectively) then we risk doing more harm than good by rushing into things.
      Yup. So the Gubmint and moron solution to the leaky dam? Drain the reservoir and never fix the dam.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
        You need to learn not to bite the hook... I don't trust anyone to accurately determine the mental state of people I know or myself. If you think allowing bump stocks and accessories to be banned is bad, then allowing mental health to enter the picture with the government making the rules is absurd.
        I'd be open to dropping that idea if we implemented all the rest. Like higher security everywhere and teachers carrying or at least having access to guns. Or just hiring the cops or armed security that was necessary. Threats do need to be acted upon though. If you call in a bomb threat and they catch you, you're in trouble. Saying that you're going to shoot up the place is just as bad. You must not know any crazy people. I can't say that I do either. But its pretty well known that most of the homeless aren't there just cause they're lazy. I'd trust the psychiatric help that they'd receive, if indeed they ever got it. If its ok for them, I don't see why it wouldn't be ok for the people making threats. Again, this is only aimed at people who make it abundantly clear that they're intending to do it. You don't just leave the rabid dog alone, cause he's got the right to be rabid if he wants to. You gotta put him down.

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
        Put this guy on the list!
        That you CNN?
        WH

Comment

Are you 12? Seriously?

Comment

I don't mind the ban on bump stocks.

Do a full push on mental health checks. That will appease the left and take less focus off high capacity or "assault rifles."
            Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Most Wanted Red Gt View Post
              That's how it starts. You give a little then they take allot. Either way, there main Agenda is to disarm the American people and the Liberals will not stop until we fight back and stop them
              Call it what it is and it's harder for them to sell. It's not "reasonable gun control" it's stripping away constitutional rights. Change the wording to religion or freedom of speech control and see what happens. I seriously doubt our founding fathers considered someone Linda Sarsour or Louis Farrakhan would come around when they wrote the first amendment yet we still have it and there isn't anyone trying to censor those two.

We've had 149 deaths in school related shootings since Columbine. Every single one of them was a tragedy but we also lose 750+ students a year to drug overdoses. So that's around 13,500 student deaths over the same period, nearly 100x as many. I've also seen stats where 11 teens die per day in crashes due to texting when driving. So in a two week period we'll lose more kids from texting and driving than all of the shootings combined.

Comment

Wow, it's only 149? I expected it to be more (still not a "statistically significant" portion of deaths, gun deaths, gun homicides, etc., but more than 150 at least)
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
                  I don't mind the ban on bump stocks.

Do a full push on mental health checks. That will appease the left and take less focus off high capacity or "assault rifles."
                  ... until it happens again and they start screaming once again.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                    Are you 12? Seriously?
                    So... you're against the questioning of people who make death threats on social media? I guess I don't follow.
                    WH

Comment

Eliminate ALL gun free murder zones.
                      Armed teachers and security at schools.
                      The goal of leftists is not to stop killings. The goal of leftists is banning guns.

Comment

Looks like at the SAME time, he is talking about raising the semi auto rifle purchase age to 21 similar to pistols. And sponsoring arming teachers, who want to be.

I don't care about the bump stock. I care about ban-creep it will lead to. I care about wording about items that can allow the shooter to shoot faster (ie. triggers). It will lead to any item on the rifle that someone can argue enables the shooter speed.
                        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                          Wow, it's only 149? I expected it to be more (still not a "statistically significant" portion of deaths, gun deaths, gun homicides, etc., but more than 150 at least)
                          I should clarify. That's mass shootings at schools and probably includes the shooters if they also died. This includes last weeks shooting, Columbine, Sandy Hook and Virginia Tech. It's over an almost 18 year period.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                            Looks like at the SAME time, he is talking about raising the semi auto rifle purchase age to 21 similar to pistols. And sponsoring arming teachers, who want to be.

I don't care about the bump stock. I care about ban-creep it will lead to. I care about wording about items that can allow the shooter to shoot faster (ie. triggers). It will lead to any item on the rifle that someone can argue enables the shooter speed.
                            But they aren't coming for our guns...

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                              I should clarify. That's mass shootings at schools and probably includes the shooters if they also died. This includes last weeks shooting, Columbine, Sandy Hook and Virginia Tech. It's over an almost 18 year period.
                              Still, that's waaay less than I expected.
                              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
                                Eliminate ALL gun free murder zones.
                                Armed teachers and security at schools.
                                The goal of leftists is not to stop killings. The goal of leftists is banning guns.
                                Bingo, an unarmed population is a lot easier to control when they have less to fight back with.

Comment

Working...
                                X