Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying Ribeye steaks by the side of the road?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying Ribeye steaks by the side of the road?

Anyone ever done it? Dude was parked off of 1187 near the CTP in Crowley with a freezer truck advertising 20 Ribeyes for $40 bucks.

I almost pulled over to check it out but didn't.

Safe, risky, or stupid?

I was picturing some legit local raised Angus Beef but who knows where they might have really come from.

After all, I've bought roadside shrimp before and lived...

It's crap... don't waste your time.

Comment

No rancher could sell ribeyes for $2/lb and survive

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
        No rancher could sell ribeyes for $2/lb and survive
        Who said they were 1lb steaks? Could be 20 6oz for $40
        2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Do you get anything free with it, like chicken breasts, sausage? Omaha steaks is where it's at!

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
            Do you get anything free with it, like chicken breasts, sausage? Omaha steaks is where it's at!
            I've thought about that - seems like a good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by 93LXHORSE View Post
              I've thought about that - seems like a good deal.
              I've never actually purchased from them, but got it as a gift a few times. Pretty decent shit!

Comment

If your looking for quality beef, i've bought from this place a few times. I have it ship to me in Keller but i believe they're in Plano.
                You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Matador was a client of mine. They do good work.

Comment

Just go to Costco. Those are the best prices I've seen in quality beef.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                      I've never actually purchased from them, but got it as a gift a few times. Pretty decent shit!
                      I've gotten some as a gift as well, and ok for the price (free), but I wouldn't spend my own money. Even the best cuts won't taste right after being frozen.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                        Just go to Costco. Those are the best prices I've seen in quality beef.
                        At 20 for $40, we’re talking quantity... not quality.
                        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                        dont downshift!!
                        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

The only question I have is where do I get enough ketchup for 20 steaks?

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                            At 20 for $40, we’re talking quantity... not quality.
                            exactly!

I've bought some, and if you don't expect Prime or even Choice meat, you're good. It's a lot like buying those "breakfast" ribeyes online. They are thin, decent quality, and when you cook them, they taste like beef. No they aren't the waygu most of you feed your dogs, but I ate em, and I'd do it again.

Comment

Somebody dropped off some wagyu at the station one day. I didn’t really care for it at all, the consistency was weird to me. I’d take a ribeye any day!
                              "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                              http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                              Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                              Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                              http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                              www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X