Random VIDEO of the day thread *Keep it work safe!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
    I get the feeling that this article doesn't belong with that video.
    It doesn't, I was just posting it as evidence it's apparently ancommon practice, and it's killed other people.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• 1989 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 Jon Kaase 2000 HP Twin Turbo Build Project

Comment

• cool stang. i hate the wheels though

Comment

• MADtv was what SNL wishes they could be.

Comment

• Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
            Damn, that car is bad fucking ass! No short cuts and all top of the line in everything he did on it.

Well except the part where it looks like hes painting it in his garage, haha!
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Biggie 17 y/o freestyling

0:40
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Comment

• lmao!!! shit lamps

Comment

• Random history here. Friday Nov 22, 1:30 pm (eastern) JFK was assasinated. That day the Boston Symphony was performing a 2pm concert. Given the lack of internet none of the attendees knew what had just happened. As the orchestra was preparing to go on stage they were given new sheet music and they changed the concert - The Funeral March from Beethoven's 3rd Symphony. They took the stage, the announcement was made, the hall fills with gasps, then they start...

And all of it was captured on radio broadcast.

Hear What Happened At Boston's Symphony Hall After JFK's Assassination

One of the most moving documents to emerge from the 50th anniversary of President John F. Kennedy's assassination is a radio broadcast. It's WGBH's audio of what was supposed to be just another Friday afternoon concert given by the Boston Symphony Orchestra — which turned into an eloquent elegy for JFK.

James Inverne, former European performing arts correspondent for Time magazine (and my former boss at Gramophone magazine, where he was editor and I was North America editor), has delved deep into what he rightly calls "one of the most emotional pieces of radio ever recorded" — and emerged with an extraordinary story.

Although Kennedy's assassination was a national and even international tragedy, this president was a native son of Boston. He was born as the grandson of the former mayor John "Honey Fitz" Fitzgerald, and as the son of former Massachusetts legislator and local bigwig Joseph P. Kennedy Sr. So perhaps there were even more layers of disbelief and sorrow in Symphony Hall that day after the pride of the city was gunned down — and you can hear all of that in real time.

But what is most remarkable to me as as listener, hearing the Boston broadcast from Symphony Hall on that Friday afternoon, is the sense of how those people in that time and place — performer and audience member alike — process this shocking event collectively, in a way that is totally unimaginable to us 50 years later, as we learn each minute's news within the weirdly solitary glow of our screens. First, we hear the gasps and shushes after BSO music director Erich Leinsdorf utters the words: "The president of the United States has been the victim of an assassination." Second, a wave of groans and sighs after Leinsdorf continues, "We will play the funeral march from Beethoven's Third Symphony" — as if the crowd's shared response is that they couldn't possibly have heard the first part right, but that then the orchestra's change in repertoire confirms the awful, unimaginable truth. And then, for the next 14 minutes ... utter silence, save for the incomparably somber music.

Comment

• Comment

• Last edited by NoClassic; 04-27-2018, 06:00 PM.

Comment

• Vid in link
                          9,391 likes, 223 comments - extreme.daily on April 28, 2018: "Haters will say it’s fake Tag a friend below! / @extreme.daily - Video credit/taken fr..."

Comment

• One of those guys was naynay.
                            WH

Comment

• Cooper, this is no time for caution....

Comment

• ISUZU 4JJ1 3.0L turbo-diesel engine on an asian long-tail boat

Comment

Working...
                                X