Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still have some in the freezer from last year

Comment

Aside from Delias, the best bet is to buy some from someone who makes them at home.

My wifes company has a Marriot run cafeteria and one of the mexican ladies mom makes them during thanksgiving and xmas. We placed an order for a dozen, if they come back legit, I'll post more info.
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

My buddy just gave me a dozen home made.... They are good but i want :
        GREASY AND SPICY!

We had a lady up here at work make them ( she no longer works here ) , she charged 18.00 a Dozen! What happened for 6.99 a dozen ?

Comment

That's the way tamales are supposed to be, greasy and flavorful. The girls on my moms side of the family will gtg on xmas and make a few hundo of them and everyone takes a few dozen home. We'll see what happens this year though, lots of turmoil in 2014, damn Facebook!
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
            That's the way tamales are supposed to be, greasy and flavorful. The girls on my moms side of the family will gtg on xmas and make a few hundo of them and everyone takes a few dozen home. We'll see what happens this year though, lots of turmoil in 2014, damn Facebook!
            I deleted facebook. I dont like the drama and the people fishing for compliments / sympathy.

Comment

Luna's Tortillias is pretty damn good. But be prepared to go home empty handed if you don't pre-order them like I did last Thanksgiving. Wound up going to Dallas Tortilla and Tamale Factory and although the line was out the door, I came home with some pretty good tamales.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Good thing my mom is making some. Suck it ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                  Luna's Tortillias is pretty damn good. But be prepared to go home empty handed if you don't pre-order them like I did last Thanksgiving. Wound up going to Dallas Tortilla and Tamale Factory and although the line was out the door, I came home with some pretty good tamales.

http://www.lunastortillas.com/
                  We are related to them on my dads side of the family. My grandmother was a Luna and most of my uncles/aunts and dad have Luna as their middle name. They have always had good grub. I have not been to the new location, especially after discovering Nuevo Leon in Irving. That place has the best barbacoa in the area!

Comment

Leah brought some home from a craft fair recently. Cooked and packaged / frozen. They were pretty good but apparently were way cheaper at the craft fair than from their website. She thinks she paid like $25 for 3 packs of 5. On their website they are $49.50 for the same 15. At $25 they were an ok buy, but no way I would pay $50 for them.

That said, if you're the cowskin rug type, the site is http://mothershuckerstamales.com/

Comment

If yall are ever eating at Reata in Fort Worth or Alpine, give their tenderloin tamale appetizer a try, it is pretty tasty

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                        We are related to them on my dads side of the family. My grandmother was a Luna and most of my uncles/aunts and dad have Luna as their middle name. They have always had good grub. I have not been to the new location, especially after discovering Nuevo Leon in Irving. That place has the best barbacoa in the area!
                        Where is that place in Irving.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                          Leah brought some home from a craft fair recently. Cooked and packaged / frozen. They were pretty good but apparently were way cheaper at the craft fair than from their website. She thinks she paid like $25 for 3 packs of 5. On their website they are $49.50 for the same 15. At $25 they were an ok buy, but no way I would pay $50 for them.

That said, if you're the cowskin rug type, the site is http://mothershuckerstamales.com/

Since we are kinda neighbors I should be neighborlly and bring you some of momma tamales

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                            Google, mother fucker.

820 E Irving Blvd, Irving, TX 75060
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                              Yes, its on Irving blvd (Nursery street), right next to Freds BBQ.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                                Google, mother fucker.

820 E Irving Blvd, Irving, TX 75060
                                lmao!

Comment

Working...
                                X