BBQ in Austin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBQ in Austin

Going to Austin this weekend ahead of schedule due to weddings and other random things going on.. What bbq spots should i hit up down there? I'm thinking Dickies or Spring Creek..

and what places should i go to Saturday morning to watch the Red River Shootout while i wear my OU shirt

What a fucking reverse weekend.
    Originally posted by 03trubluGT
    Your opinion is what sucks.
    You are too stupied and arrogant

Franklins

/end of thread

Comment

Originally posted by Back N Black View Post
      Franklins

/end of thread
      Place gets a ton of hype... and its all legit. Get there early.

Comment

If you want to stand in line for 3 hours then Franklins. If you want to stand for half that then Mueller's or Labarbecue, they are 95% as awesome.

If you go to Mueller's the Hops and Grains brewery is a block away and they have a great tap room open every day.

Comment

Louie Mueller in Taylor is good bbq, great sausage.

Black's in Lockhart is great bbq, and good sausage.

have fun...
          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
            Louie Mueller in Taylor is good bbq, great sausage.

Black's in Lockhart is great bbq, and good sausage.

have fun...
            I was referring to the one in Austin.

If you are heading to Lockhart then just pick any of them, they are all great. Or head to Luling, Giddings, Elgin or any of the other small towns. They all have good places that'll never get the exposure of Franklin's. Bring cash though, most of them don't take credit cards.

Comment

I wouldn't even try Franklin's on the weekend. Unless you get there at 8:00 AM there's almost no chance you'd get served. Louie Mueller in Taylor is well worth the drive for the beef ribs. Spendy, but OH...MY...GOD are they awesome! As stated La Barbeque and John Mueller's in Austin are both great. But again, get there early - lines form quickly at both.

Comment

Originally posted by chef201atc View Post
                I wouldn't even try Franklin's on the weekend. Unless you get there at 8:00 AM there's almost no chance you'd get served. Louie Mueller in Taylor is well worth the drive for the beef ribs. Spendy, but OH...MY...GOD are they awesome! As stated La Barbeque and John Mueller's in Austin are both great. But again, get there early - lines form quickly at both.
                The one and only time I tried was on a Saturday morning at 9am and there were literally hundreds of people sitting in line already. This was before his Chase commercial.

Comment

we had a few people recommend salt lick....Went there and it was pretty good, but nothing impressive..if you go make sure and get their burnt ends

Comment

Saltlick - Driftwood outside Austin hands down

Comment

Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
                      Meat is great, but their sides suck.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                        Agreed meat plate FTW

Comment

As stated before. Franklin.

Best bbq in Austin. I usually get there by 7-7:30 and the wait isn't bad if you have some buddies with you and a couple 12pks of beer.

Comment

Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
                            Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                            Oh hell ...
                            Originally posted by davbrucas
                            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Salt Lick is garbage, or at least it was 10 years ago...

Comment

Working...
                              X