Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Go ahead and call me a hypocrite, let's get it over with...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BradM View Post
    Is that a michelin star?
    I call mine the Star of Bethlehem. Bitches start screaming Jesus when they see it.

Comment

Grilled some fajitas and tablitas on it Friday night, while trying to keep it under 400 to break in the gaskets.

Smoked ribs for about 5 hours on Saturday. Absolutely delicious. Tender, flavorful, plenty smoke flavor. But they had no smoke ring.

Around midnight Saturday, I put a Prime Brisket on. Pulled it at 8am Sunday, when internal hit 203 degrees. Tender, juicy, lots of smoke. No smoke ring.

I know a smoke ring can be achieved with the egg. I've seen pictures of egg smoked meat with beautiful smoke rings. I don't know if it was my wood selection (cherry), or if I have something wrong with my set up. I'll get it figured out quickly though. The egg is pretty interesting so far.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Those use a lot less wood too right?
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I think it is the Cherry wood.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
            Those use a lot less wood too right?

Yes. On my old offset I could easily burn through a full 2 cu. ft bag doing a brisket. 2 bags for a long smoke like pork butt. And those are 12-14" logs. Between the ribs and the brisket, I used half of a .8 cu. ft bag of chunks, and that's with letting the fire go out and relighting (to clean out ash) between smokes. I did use more coal with the egg than I normally do on my offset. With the offset, I use coal initially and that's it. With the egg, the coal burns a lot longer, like throughout the whole smoke.

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
            I think it is the Cherry wood.
            Very possible. It produced a ton of smoke but cherry smoke is very light, so I could see that being an issue.

Comment

Mesquite leaves a ring on mine every time
              The hand that feeds, bleeds.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                He's too busy chugging cock to eat anything else.
                Says the butt hurt who's steak ager was nearly as big a pile of shit as he is.

I damn near posted pics of my anniversary stay in the presidential suite with free Krystal and my dinner but I didn't want to rub it in.

And no one wants to see pics of moldy ass meat from a plastic box from your fridge anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post

I damn near posted pics of my anniversary stay in the presidential suite with free Krystal and my dinner but I didn't want to rub it in.

And no one wants to see pics of moldy ass meat from a plastic box from your fridge anyway.
                  Oh, look. More complete and utter bullshit from the biggest douche canoe on this website. Congrats by the way. That's quite a feat considering some of the folks who have come and gone over the years.

Comment

AnthonyS = FreightTrain?
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I ditched my traditional "hot box" smoker a few years ago for a BGE as well. It is
                      a bit of a learning curve for sure. For a more traditional smoke ring, try some apple wood or Mesquite as mentioned above. On chicken I use pecan or hickory and less of it. Also
                      learn to layer your chunks of smoking wood in with the charcoal lumps.

Get a digital 2way probe for the surface and the meat. The temp gauge on the egg is shit.

I even cook pizza on mine and have that flat round stone for that.

I will never go back to gas or the hot box method again.

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
                        I ditched my traditional "hot box" smoker a few years ago for a BGE as well. It is
                        a bit of a learning curve for sure. For a more traditional smoke ring, try some apple wood or Mesquite as mentioned above. On chicken I use pecan or hickory and less of it.
                        A lot of people seem to think that going straight from fridge to the egg produces a better smoke ring. I need to look in to the science behind that more, because I'm not a fan of no rest period between fridge and smoker.

Also
                        learn to layer your chunks of smoking wood in with the charcoal lumps.
                        That's a learning process for sure. Getting there though.

Get a digital 2way probe for the surface and the meat. The temp gauge on the egg is shit.
                        I don't trust any dial thermometer period. Refrigerators, smoker, grill, they all suck. I've got an igrill.

I even cook pizza on mine and have that flat round stone for that.
                        Someone gave me the BGE pizza stone last week for my birthday. I haven't used it yet though. I need to run to Denton to Ceramic Grill store and pick up an adjustable rig before I try pizza. I want it way up in the dome. I know from experience on the commercial side, that produces the best results.

Comment

Be sure and have a real clean burning fire before tossing the pizza in, I've done a few in my egg that ended up with a real funky flavor.

Comment

Just a tip in case you don't know already. Royal Oak from home depot is the same company that makes BGE lump and is a lot cheaper. I tried Stubbs from Costco once but that shit popped like crazy at any decent searing temps. Left shit all over my meat (phrasing)!
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post

Sounds like that meal was extra salty.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                                Oh, look. More complete and utter bullshit from the biggest douche canoe on this website. Congrats by the way. That's quite a feat considering some of the folks who have come and gone over the years.
                                I wish I had time tone as bitter as you, but I'm in a different hotel with about 10k in wine that I will be putting in storage in Dallas tomorrow. In 10 more years I can either realize a huge profit or have a hell of a party.

And you only wish this was bs. By the way had a great Henri giraud with breakfast this morning. Champagne and bacon is a great combo.

Comment

Working...
                                X