Chili Verde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chili Verde

Who has good chili verde in or around addison ? Dallas tollwy / 190 area ?

Thanks

Hector

You can get anything you need at Michioacana on Josey and Betline. I'm assuming you mean regular type chili peppers. If your looking for that New Mexico shit, then maybe Central Market in Plano...
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
      You can get anything you need at Michioacana on Josey and Betline. I'm assuming you mean regular type chili peppers. If your looking for that New Mexico shit, then maybe Central Market in Plano...
      Bro, did you just go full on coconut on us?!

Comment

I'm as white as you can possibly get and even I know that shit isn't a chili pepper.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
          I'm as white as you can possibly get and even I know that shit isn't a chili pepper.
          Of course not. It's a chile pepper
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by HECDOGGIE View Post
            Who has good chili verde in or around addison ? Dallas tollwy / 190 area ?

Thanks

Hector
            I work in Addison. There is no good Mexican food in Addison and chile verde to boot. It's not really a Texas specialty. New Mexico is the place to go for verde. You need to get to oak cliff and look for restaurants with low gringo turnouts. I know when I'm the only gringo in the place that I can get real Mexican food. Addison is white like Canada white. And the taco diner in Addison can go suck goat balls for all I care. It's the worst of the chain by 10x. You have a chuy's in Addison and there verde is edible but it's a pretty meh chain. Gloria's makes a passable verde but they are way better at plantains and Papusas.

I think a grocery store will probably have herreras verde salsa on their ethnic aisle. That's probably the best in Addison.

Comment

There is a mesero in Addison now! Mesero is a legit Mexican chef but I still don't think it's what you are looking for. Your best shot at chihuahua desert verde salsa is still the OC around here.

Comment

Mesero, is Mico... i.e. the original founder of MiCocina and Taco Diner that you just said sucked...

You just have to go of a few blocks west of Addison down Belt Line into the Carrollton area for some pretty good Mexican food. Tipicos and La Tortilleria Sabrocita are at marsh and belt line area.

There aren't any New Mexican style places in dfw that I know of.

Comment

Yes as often happens once a man sells his restaurant it goes down hill fast aka TD. It's fairly normal. There are also a few Mexican places off spring valley in Richardson now not too far from Addison. New Mexico is its own thing really.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                    Yes as often happens once a man sells his restaurant it goes down hill fast aka TD. It's fairly normal. There are also a few Mexican places off spring valley in Richardson now not too far from Addison. New Mexico is its own thing really.
                    He didn't sell. M Crowd restaurants were shit long before Mico got forced out by his partners.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                      He didn't sell, he was forced out by his partners due to his overwhelming debt and inability to keep the coke out of his nose, and their money off of the tables in Las Vegas. He made nothing when they walked him out. The partners basically forgave his debt to the company for his shares.

The entire bland "gringo-fied" tex mex Mi Cocina and Taco Diner were doing were all his idea. His mom wouldn't let him grow Mia's on Lemmon because she didn't want it losing the authenticity that she gave it. So he went and found some Highland Park money and set out to recreate Mia's. But as you can tell, it's nothing like it now. Exactly his mom's worry.

Comment

I really like Mia's but honestly last time I was there everything was too salty. No one ever does it like mom. It's pretty common for chefs to have a Vegas problem. I think working chefs hours messes a person up. I know a great Italian chef in Atlanta with similar issues.

Comment

Working...
                        X