Bone Luge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bone Luge

Super homo name, I get it, but holy fuck. Welcome to flavor country.

Not sure many people have had bone marrow, but it is SUPER flavorful and melts in your mouth. Now the bone luge is the step after that. Take the hollowed out femur and treat it like a fratty shot-block with a pour of a good rye whiskey (or some like sherry or bourbon). The whiskey turns into this sweet (syrupy?), spicy, rich, smokey, amazingness...

I could bore you with lots of writing about "umami" and science, but I'll say this - I'm not sure of a time when $25 has ever bought more intense flavor.

"I'm aware of this practice. It's extremely anti-social and against all standards of decency. So I think we should do it,"
    -Anthony Bourdain

Last edited by Strychnine; 08-22-2016, 09:35 PM.

Man, AB is all about the marrow and blood sausage (yes I know) but honestly it wigs me out even thinking about trying it. So it is that good huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
      Man, AB is all about the marrow and blood sausage (yes I know) but honestly it wigs me out even thinking about trying it. So it is that good huh?
      Marrow is fucking delicious, go for it! I've never had blood sausage so I can't comment on that one.

Comment

Welcome to flavor country is a gay saying!

Comment

That looks like peeling a banana at work and eating it slowly. You just don't do it!

Comment

Working...
          X