• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
    Y'all stay the eff home.
    No.

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
    I always like the "I got 4 wheel drive!", crowd.
    Redneck Snow Cats

Comment

I'll just kick back and enjoy a fire while I work from home.

Comment

Glad you survived the jump!

Just for future reference. If rain/sleet is in the forecast. Leave the ladder stored away!

Comment

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
          Glad you survived the jump!

Just for future reference. If rain/sleet is in the forecast. Leave the ladder stored away!
          No kidding, I wouldn't have even been hanging today, but it was a surprise for his father that was out of town till saturday. Looking back was it worth it,,, hell no. The shit we do for money......
          "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
          http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
          Factory Five MK4 Cobra
          Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
          http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
          www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
            I was on a roof earlier hanging christmas lights, I had just started the last dormer when it started to drizzle/sleet. I figured I had enough time to finish it out (maybe 10 clips left) and make it back to my roof ladder in time. Well I was mistaken, the roof had completely froze, and I had 0 traction. I had on some thick wool socks so I took my shoes off and tested, it seemed to have some grip so I tossed my shoes to the ground. I was able to climb up the steep gable to my awaiting roof ladder on the other side. Unfortunately there was about a 10 ft gap of frozen shingles from the bottom of my roof ladder to my ground ladder set. I tried to hold on to the edge of the soffit and slide down. It worked for about 2ft, then my ass end started sliding off the front of the house. I fell about 12ft into the flowerbed/bushes. As soon as I hit the ground I immediately had that bloody nose feeling/taste. I sat there for a second to make sure I was injured. Luckily I didn't break anything, but it was a pretty shitty feeling at the time. I guess moral of the story, ice can accumulate really fast, and don't underestimate it.
            Damn, and I was planning on getting up there tomorrow to sweep my chimney. Wish I hadn't procrastinated last weekend.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
            --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Gotta leave work here in Denton in a couple hours. It's getting nasty here.

Oh and I'm working outside.
              2014 GT
              2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

Originally posted by Slow Five-O View Post
                Gotta leave work here in Denton in a couple hours. It's getting nasty here.

Oh and I'm working outside.
                My cousins husband works for UPS in Denton, he ended up staying at a friends house in Denton b/c the roads and wrecks were getting worse.

Comment

Lake Highlands - my street doesn't "look" bad (still has puddles of water) ... but freezing rain is falling and my front porch steps are iced over so it's only a matter of time.
                  Originally posted by davbrucas
                  I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Gave my wife the first snowball of the season. Then when she went outside to grab some snow just outside the garage. I gave here a little push and she went sliding down the driveway on her chest, lol.
                    "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

Originally posted by Country cracker View Post
                      Gave my wife the first snowball of the season. Then when she went outside to grab some snow just outside the garage. I gave here a little push and she went sliding down the driveway on her chest, lol.
                      Lol. How much trouble did you get in?

Comment

Man I sure don't miss those ice storms LOL....... ya'll be careful.

Comment

It's awful cool outside to be pushing for the doghouse!

Comment

Originally posted by paul_376 View Post
                            I stock up on beer and pinto beans
                            Like a true MEX

Comment

Not snow.

Comment

No snow here. Just sleet and ice, ice, ice.
                                "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Working...
                                X