Laminate Wood Flooring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
    Should have pulled the base! It helps you get it closer to the bottom plate. You can get different sizes of 1/4 round. You may just have to go to a thicker trim. How tall are the baseboards

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Pretty tall, it's the stuff they use on newer homes.
    Last edited by Mike69; 08-24-2016, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Should have pulled the base! It helps you get it closer to the bottom plate. You can get different sizes of 1/4 round. You may just have to go to a thicker trim. How tall are the baseboards

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
      They appear to be about 4" or so. I'll have to measure when I get home.

Comment

I pulled our baseboards and undercut the door trim. Looks way better that way, IMO..

Oh, but my drywall wasn't touching the slab.. So I had a little extra room.

Comment

no need to measure, looks like B218, which is what what we install in all of our new construction and what I put in my house when I remodeled. If it is B218 it is 5".

You could go to a larger 1/4 round if necessary to cover the gaps.

The areas you are going to run into an issue is at the door casings. Hopefully your cuts are close enough to caulk that stuff in, otherwise, I don't think there is a good solution for hiding the gaps int hose areas. It may take going at the back side of the 1/4 round with a coping saw to match the profile of the door casing so that it nests in there. Doesn't have to be perfect, just enough to make it look like it belongs, then sand/caulk/paint.
          Originally posted by Leah
          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
            I pulled our baseboards and undercut the door trim. Looks way better that way, IMO..

Oh, but my drywall wasn't touching the slab.. So I had a little extra room.
            Drywall should never be touching the slab/floor!!
            Originally posted by Leah
            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Drywall should never be touching the slab/floor!!
              Well it's good it isn't then! lol

Comment

So what kind of products can be used on these vinyl floors when cleaning them?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike69 View Post
                  So what kind of products can be used on these vinyl floors when cleaning them?
                  We've not needed more than soap and water (mostly just water) but I'm guessing you can find that out on the product website. And as usually suggested, make sure you test each new product on an inconspicuous area.

Comment

Working...
                  X