Seat tracks for 1966 Mustang Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat tracks for 1966 Mustang Coupe

Well I've been bitten again by the bug to work/upgrade my coupe. For the past 2 years I've had 2004 GT Mustang seats in the attic and after reading a few articles it is very doable to recover them and install them into my Stang...

...except my Dad sold/threw out my original seats in 2008.

Anyone know of a good place to get just the seat tracks for this era Mustang? Craigslist was a bust (except for a guy who wants $200 for the seats and tracks)

eBay is next best option, but its roughly $60 per side...

Im going to hit up Vintage Mustang's forum as soon as they reset my password. I am open to anything. Basically want to mount and install as a proof of concept before dropping the $400 on aftermarket upholstry that mimics the Mach1 covers.

Not sure where to source originals, but I have a set of generic seat tracks that I used for the racing seats in my fastback, so they're already drilled to fit the seat pans. I'd give 'em up for a case of cheap beer.

They're very low profile (maybe an inch tall), which would be a benefit to the latemodel seat install since the '04 seat bottoms are considerably taller than stock.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
      Not sure where to source originals, but I have a set of generic seat tracks that I used for the racing seats in my fastback, so they're already drilled to fit the seat pans. I'd give 'em up for a case of cheap beer.

They're very low profile (maybe an inch tall), which would be a benefit to the latemodel seat install since the '04 seat bottoms are considerably taller than stock.
      YES!! I'm a-ok with non-original stuff. Name your beer and a meeting place.

Is this just a set of tracks, or enough for both front seats?

Did you still have your pan/seat risers installed in your fastback?

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
        YES!! I'm a-ok with non-original stuff. Name your beer and a meeting place.

Is this just a set of tracks, or enough for both front seats?

Did you still have your pan/seat risers installed in your fastback?

Thank you!
        Time/place: if it's during the work day, you're welcome to come by my office. Just south of downtown Fort Worth so that'd be a shorter drive from Keller. Just let me know so I can bring them up here. If we're talking weekend, come by my house in Benbrook. Let me know on the time/day and we'll go from there.

As for beer, let's do Miller High Life, because I'm fancy and appreciate the finer things, lol.

Both seats.

My floors (and risers) are still stock. The seats are hard-mounted to the floor at the moment. I intend to lower the risers at some point, because the Acura seats I have in it now are pretty high as far as the seat base goes. But that takes welding and time and I just haven't felt like it yet.

I'm happy to find a good home for these since I'm not using them anymore. Glad to help a brotha out.
        Last edited by BLAKE; 07-27-2016, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Who's doing the out of place tags?

If you need lower seat risers, get them from an early Cougar. They were shorter than what was on a Mustang.

Comment

That's interesting. Never would have guessed the shorter Cougar risers. When I eventually do that, I had thought I'd just cut and re-weld, but that's a nice clean start.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
              That's interesting. Never would have guessed the shorter Cougar risers. When I eventually do that, I had thought I'd just cut and re-weld, but that's a nice clean start.
              It due to Cougars having thicker seat foam. The pretentious assholes that drive them need a thicker cushion to sit on.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                It due to Cougars having thicker seat foam. The pretentious assholes that drive them need a thicker cushion to sit on.
                Well, that and the massive hemorrhoids.

Comment

Working...
                X