XM556 Microgun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
    Sustained fire for one minute at the lowest rpm they state would be about 50 pounds of ammo.

Sustained first for the current saw is a little over 20 pounds.

I'd be very surprised if this thing ever sees squad use and not mounted use.
    I'll be surprised if it's used by anything other than dealers.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
      I'll be surprised if it's used by anything other than dealers.
      It looks like it would be hard as fuck to control the fire direction with that thing.

Although if I heard that thing going off I'd fucking duck, so I suppose it has a purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
        It looks like it would be hard as fuck to control the fire direction with that thing.
        You don't control the direction of fire with that thing.
        You control the area of engagement.
        sigpic

Comment

You don't control the direction of fire with that thing.
          You control the area of engagement.
          So fuck that general area instead of fuck this place inparticular?

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
            So fuck that general area instead of fuck this place inparticular?
            sigpic

Comment

Sustained fire for one minute at the lowest rpm they state would be about 50 pounds of ammo.

Sustained first for the current saw is a little over 20 pounds.

I'd be very surprised if this thing ever sees squad use and not mounted use.
              Back on 2009'ish, an Army SPC built the first prototype backpack and feed tray for a SAW in Paktika provence Afghanistan and it was put to use in the field. There was an article in Stars and Stripes about how a grunt with spare parts made more headway than DARPA.

He used an ALICE pack frame and ammo cans welded together and feed tray links system from a CROW system iirc.
              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                Back on 2009'ish, an Army SPC built the first prototype backpack and feed tray for a SAW in Paktika provence Afghanistan and it was put to use in the field. There was an article in Stars and Stripes about how a grunt with spare parts made more headway than DARPA.

He used an ALICE pack frame and ammo cans welded together and feed tray links system from a CROW system iirc.

GIs have been doing it for years. In Vietnam you had MACV SOG and seal team 60 gunners mounting helo ammo cans to light weight rucksacks and then using the feed chutes.

Comment

Originally posted by magnus View Post
                  lol
                  Originally posted by Sean88gt
                  You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                  Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                  You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Working...
                  X