No announcement yet.

Laminate Wood Flooring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, be prepared for the weight.. The vinyl we got was extremely heavy. As I recall, the amount we got (about 1500 sq ft) was over 2,000 lbs. Moving that shit sucked. lol

Comment

I'm only doing 3 bedrooms and they are not that big. How much more should I be purchasing over the sq/ft? For instance if I have about 700 sq/ft I know I need to purchase more but how much more?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike69 View Post
        I'm only doing 3 bedrooms and they are not that big. How much more should I be purchasing over the sq/ft? For instance if I have about 700 sq/ft I know I need to purchase more but how much more?
        For that small of a space I would probably just buy one extra box. Should be plenty. The only place you will have issues is the last wall in each room, where you will likely have to cut the planks long ways the length of the final wall. Otherwise, you will typically use the end piece from one row as a starter piece in the next row.

We didn't have a lot of waste when I did ours.

Comment

Thanks man. What color did you end up going with? Looked at the link above but there are no pics coming up. Going by Home Depot again today to pick up some more samples. Having a hard time choosing a color that goes well with my bedroom set which is like a medium brown oak color.

Comment

Thanks man. What color did you end up going with? Looked at the link above but there are no pics coming up. Going by Home Depot again today to pick up some more samples. Having a hard time choosing a color that goes well with my bedroom set which is like a medium brown oak color.
            There were only 2 available in store when we bought it, ours was the darker of the two, but don't remember the color. I think we still have a box at home, so I will check.

It has the hand scraped look and is a darker color. Here, lets see if this works:

Comment

How do you cut it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
              2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                There were only 2 available in store when we bought it, ours was the darker of the two, but don't remember the color. I think we still have a box at home, so I will check.

It has the hand scraped look and is a darker color. Here, lets see if this works:

That looks good. If you can out what color that is let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                  How do you cut it?

Score it with a box cutter and break it off. I used a straight edge too. Cuts where I needed a corner or something other than a straight line, I usually did with a jig saw, but the material eats through blades quickly.

That looks good. If you can out what color that is let me know.
                  I forgot to look but will try today.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                    Score it with a box cutter and break it off. I used a straight edge too. Cuts where I needed a corner or something other than a straight line, I usually did with a jig saw, but the material eats through blades quickly.
                    Thank you. I am fixing to paint my office at work and put some new flooring down.
                    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

These are the only 2 colors that they have in stock and that I like. Leaning towards the lighter brown. Sucks that it's pretty much the same color of my bedroom set but I can throw a rug under it to give it some contrast. Excuse the mess, was moving some stuff around.

Comment

I ordered 7 cases of the $1.49ft cherry vinyl planks from Home Depot tonight and picked up some paint.

2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

These are the only 2 colors that they have in stock and that I like. Leaning towards the lighter brown. Sucks that it's pretty much the same color of my bedroom set but I can throw a rug under it to give it some contrast. Excuse the mess, was moving some stuff around.

That lighter one looks just like ours.. I agree, you are going to need a rug or something to break up the floor from the furniture. We decided to keep carpet in the bedroom. Only 2 rooms still have carpet in our house, the master bedroom and den. Hell, even our bathrooms had carpet when I bought the place, which I find disgusting.

Comment

I don't think I've ever heard of a bathroom having carpet. That's pretty crazy!

Comment

I don't think I've ever heard of a bathroom having carpet. That's pretty crazy!
                              It seemed to be a thing in the 80's, my house was built in 89 and that's how it was, when I was in Arlington I rented a house in a cookie cutter neighborhood built in the 80's and it was the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                                It seemed to be a thing in the 80's, my house was built in 89 and that's how it was, when I was in Arlington I rented a house in a cookie cutter neighborhood built in the 80's and it was the same way.
                                Or pier and beam houses. I noticed a lot were this way when we were looking.
                                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                                X