No announcement yet.

Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well fuck me. Guys that work with me here on camp have been asking me when I am gonna come get them gains with them in the gym here. Today being my 40th birthday, what better day to start than now.

I got smoked by the other older guy here that is 56. I did 2 set circuit of kettle bells and I am SMOKED. I haven't done legs in years and I feel like tomorrow is gonna suck big ones. I guess I have to start somewhere, again.

But I have to do something. I came out here weighing 220 and after 90 days of being in Africa just on the diet of food available I am down to 207. But a I know that some of that loss was in muscle in my arms, back, shoulders that I lost from not doing anything physical. Muscle I put on in the oil field last year swinging a sledge and rigging up iron.

I really want to get down to 190 by December for a Cozumel vacation. My wife has been doing one Beach Body program after another and sometimes two at a time for just over a year and has had awesome results and looks STUNNING. I really owe it to her.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Dew it brotha! That is enough time and happy birthday!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
        Dew it brotha! That is enough time and happy birthday!
        Thanks man. I feel like the only thing I worked was upper legs. Can hardly walk.
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• The worst part about getting back in shape is legs. I have been very slowly working mine out after jacking up my lower back. Has been less than fun to say the least.

Comment

The worst part about getting back in shape is legs. I have been very slowly working mine out after jacking up my lower back. Has been less than fun to say the least.
            up and down off your knees?
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
              Legs and protein ehhhh.

You guys know what will really piss you off? Being within 9 pounds of your lifetime goal weight and realizing your scale was 15 pounds off. I told my wife and she said "WTF Just kill me if that scale is off that much". It was only off 9 for her. Haha
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• fucked my back up the other day, but I've learned a lot, and it's going to heal quickly. It's a setback, but not a stopping point.

I'm hanging in around 255-260 and plenty happy to be there.

Would like to be 240 again, but it may be a while.

I'm on that no sugar kick. It's awesome
                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                  fucked my back up the other day, but I've learned a lot, and it's going to heal quickly. It's a setback, but not a stopping point.

Keep going man. Cutting the sugar changed my life, no joke. Once you see what it does and understand why it does it, it's quite eye opening. I wish more people understood the effects.

I'm officially down 50lbs from where I was last September. I weighed in last night @175lbs. Cutting sugar the best you can works.

Now I have to get motivated to get in the gym and put on some muscle, a whole different animal for me. I just have to get into a routine and make it part of my day.... I just can't seem to get excited about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                    fucked my back up the other day, but I've learned a lot, and it's going to heal quickly. It's a setback, but not a stopping point.

Pick up "treat your own back" it is about $9 on amazon. It has a good series of exercises, focused on back pain, that I live by. I feel it has kept me from back surgery #2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                      Well I do work in the collision industry so run with that however you want lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by CWO View Post
                        Now I have to get motivated to get in the gym and put on some muscle, a whole different animal for me. I just have to get into a routine and make it part of my day.... I just can't seem to get excited about it.
                        I have found in my late 30s it is no longer about being excited to work out, but a required activity x times a week that help me mentally and physically. That and I dislike going to the gym at rush hour but I am too lazy to wake up early and go.

Comment

I have found in my late 30s it is no longer about being excited to work out, but a required activity x times a week that help me mentally and physically. That and I dislike going to the gym at rush hour but I am too lazy to wake up early and go.
                          It is even harder in your mid 40's lol
                          I've gotta figure out a way and just get it done, I know I feel better afterwards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                            How far out are you from your test?
                            I leave for basic early sept. But RASP probably won't be till feb/march. I've got airborne in between the two
                            Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                            It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

• Originally posted by CWO View Post
                              It is even harder in your mid 40's lol
                              I've gotta figure out a way and just get it done, I know I feel better afterwards.
                              Man I have to have lots of variety. A being my knee is shot and B well my ADHD says screw you.

My last seven days have included weight lifting, biking, skiing, rowing, and swimming. Was trying to get a little MX in but just can't squeeze it in. MX is a but whoopin.
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

but a required activity x times a week that help me mentally and physically.
                                Here too. Lifting weights is a huge stress reliever.
                                WRX

Comment

Working...
                                X