Abbot against the world...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
    The Nazi's were a few steps away from being communist and there was not much right wing about them other then some very manly uniforms.
    You can make the worms squirm by telling them what NSDAP stood for.
    WH

Comment

The Bundy boys held a town meeting yesterday............

The militants occupying the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge asked Harney County ranchers at a meeting Monday night to cancel their leases with the federal government.

The three-hour meeting took place just outside Crane, Oregon, at a hot springs resort.

Ammon and Ryan Bundy, the leaders of the occupation, said they wanted to make Harney County an example of a place free from the federal government.

Then came the hard sell.

The militants occupying the Refuge asked Harney County ranchers to tear up their leases with the Bureau of Land Management and stop paying the federal government to graze cattle on public land.

“I’ve done it. Cliven Bundy’s done it,” said LaVoy Finicum, an Arizona rancher and the militants’ defacto spokesman. “Now is the day. Now is the time. Are you going to wait for tomorrow? For next week? Next month? Next year? When? When will you stand up if not now?”

Roughly 75 percent of Harney County is federal land. And just more than 10 percent of people who work in the county are employed by the federal government.

Ryan Bundy went on to emphasize his view that breaking away from the federal government means ranchers wouldn’t have to follow federal laws, like the Endangered Species Act.

“You know how many endangered species we’re dealing with on our ranch right now?” Bundy asked. “Zero, because it doesn’t matter anymore.”

As the militants announced the meeting was ending, local resident Scott Franklin, stood up and entered a tense exchange with the Bundys.

“I’m a fourth generation rancher,” he said. “I’m going to ask you a question. Are we a nation of laws?”

“No,” said Ryan Bundy.

“We’re not?” Franklin replied. “So, we just break laws all the time, and that’s OK?”

“We are a nation of laws, and this law is the one being broken,” Ryan Bundy said, tapping his pocket-sized copy of the Constitution. “And this law is the supreme law of the land.”

“In the end, who decides what the Constitution says? The Supreme Court,” Franklin said.

That comment was met with a chorus of “Nos” from some audience members.

“I’m saying, I’m not going to fight an uphill battle that’s not going to be won,” Franklin said. “You’re asking us to give up everything for this rebel cause.”

Some ranchers were more receptive to the Bundys’ message. They spoke of their frustration with the environmental regulations on BLM land, and their belief that the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge wants to grow by acquiring ranches.

Buck Taylor runs cattle on about 200,000 acres of land, including private land, BLM allotments and land in the refuge.

After listening to the presentation, Taylor said he was considering the Bundys’ proposition, but thought there should be more meetings to discuss it.

“I am drinking the Kool Aid,” he said. “I haven’t swallowed it yet. I am open to the idea.”

Dwane Schrock, who ranches on private land near Crane, Oregon, also walked away with a positive impression.

“It was good; very informational,” he said. “People need to be educated. If they’re not educated, they’re not going to know what’s going on.”

After the meeting, Franklin, the rancher who’d spoken against the proposition, said he was ready for the Bundys to go. He said he has relatives who work for the BLM, and he was struggling to keep his family calm.

“I know that the refuge is never going to be in private hands,” he said. “Are they going to Yosemite? Are they going to Yellowstone? Where else are they going to do this?”

Comment

and there is this.....

BURNS, Ore. (KOIN) — Ammon Bundy said the armed occupiers at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge are not there to negotiate but want the elected county officials, including the sheriff, “to get in line.”

Bundy, who led the takeover of the federal refuge on Jan. 2, also warned the federal government against trying to put chains back on the lands they’ve overtaken.

“We give them warning that they are not to do that,” Bundy said at his daily press briefing. He said he wants the federal government to “recognize the Constitution” does not give them jurisdiction over these lands.

He also said the militia is “organizing rapid response teams” to help ranchers with the “direct defense of their rights.” The rapid response teams have 3 components: “legal, political and open defense,” he said.

Comment

Federal government bully backs down and crawls back into its cave in 3...2...1...
          WH

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
            The amazing part is that all the Jews are Democrats, it is like those people never fucking learn.
            Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
            I never understood that, either. I have an Orthodox Jew friend who's family fled Russia, he's conservative, and doesn't understand it either. Every jewish belief is conservative in nature, and yet...they go liberal Dem. The only "reason" I've heard they go Democrat is because the Nazi's were "right wing" and Republicans are "right wing", so Republicans = Nazi and they go Democrat.

And here's Ben Shipiro, with his insight:
            Does the fact that all Jewish members of Congress are Democrats indicate that jews are largely liberals or does it indicate that Republicans typically vote for Christians? I think an argument could be made for the latter as easily as the former. At least going purely on the evidence in that chart.

Comment

Working...
            X