abortion law wording

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• abortion law wording

What does the following line in the law mean, technically?

"The woman seeking an abortion may elect not to receive these images, sounds, or explanations,"

Does "may elect not to receive" mean she can choose not to be given access to, or mean she can choose to not listen/look at as the doctor is forced to show images/sounds/describe procedures.

I am having an discussion about it elswhere, and I want other opinions.

Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

I understand it to mean she has the choice to refuse disclosure of said info.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
      I understand it to mean she has the choice to refuse disclosure of said info.
      This
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

It's horseshit that it is even in the bill with the POSSIBILITY of mandating it. See:Oklahoma abortion law.

Comment

It should be mandated. You're going to take a life? You should know all the facts about it. Afterall, don't you liberals want the women to know exactly what is going on?
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

It's not life if it can't maintain its own bodily functions, until such time it should be more aptly classified as a parasite.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
              It's not life if it can't maintain its own bodily functions, until such time it should be more aptly classified as a parasite.

Comment

Wow.

Comment

It's too touchy a subject, and the wording of the law is just to put a shitty guilt trip on a woman in a potentially sensitive time. That said, the major issue I have with it is, it's a legislated intrusion on Dr./patient confidentiality. It's not my business who gets abortions, if I didn't have a hand in making the kid.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

So a quadraplegic or someome on life support are not "life"? That's a pretty shitty interpretation, don't you think?

Comment

I would hope that it means she doesn't have to be 'legally' subjected to what amounts to mental torture.

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                      It's too touchy a subject, and the wording of the law is just to put a shitty guilt trip on a woman in a potentially sensitive time. That said, the major issue I have with it is, it's a legislated intrusion on Dr./patient confidentiality. It's not my business who gets abortions, if I didn't have a hand in making the kid.
                      This, on all three points.

Were my family member raped and a pregnancy occurred as a result, I personally wouldn't consider that fetus life and it will be terminated with prejudice, and there is absolutely no need to jack with her head by forcing her to view the vitals of an unwanted burden on her body and soul.

That said, government has no business in this, as in so many other facets of our lives in which they continually interject.
                      www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                        So a quadraplegic or someome on life support are not "life"? That's a pretty shitty interpretation, don't you think?
                        Is that a life? Or a burden?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                          I guess it depends on if it's your family member or someone elses. My point is that there's a very fine line in defining "life" and his example is horrid.

Comment

I don't disagree and his perception would probably change if he had kids. Mine did.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                              I would consider it more a burden.

Consider the grandmother that was saddled with the poor little guy dumped by Lake Lavon last year. Little guy was nothing more than a mass of flesh that was able to breath, she lost it, and then dumped him. One of her statements was that she felt like she had been sentenced to hell and was actually relieved that it was over, even if she did have to go to prison for the rest of her life.
                              www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Working...
                              X