abortion law wording

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
    But they don't say, "See this tooth? This tooth right here. This tooth is still connected to a root. It's still a living tooth. Are you ABSOLUTELY sure you want to kill this tooth? Really? You want to kill your tooth? I'm required, by law to show you the X-ray again. Yup, that's the tooth. You're serious, you want to kill your tooth? Are you sure you wouldn't rather have a root canal and SAVE your tooth? No? You still want to kill the tooth? The law says that I need to do ANOTHER X-ray so you can see your tooth again. So, again, here's the tooth on ANOTHER X-ray. This is what I'm going to do, in graphic terms, to your tooth....Blah, blah,blah. Do you still want to kill your tooth? Okay, your choice. Nurse, we're ready."

Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
      They don't require all that being said. A lttle over done, I think. It sounds pretty straight forward. If a fetus is such a damn nuisance, it shouldn't bother anyone at all.
      That's basically the intent of the law. The new law requires doctors to conduct a sonogram before performing an abortion, to show the woman the image, to play the fetal heartbeat aloud and describe the features of the fetus at least 24 hours before the abortion.
      How are they going to enforce this? Are right wingers going to have pregnant women secret shopping abortion clinics?

Comment

• Comparing a sonogram of a child before abortion to repeated xrays of a tooth? Really? It's more like "See this arm here? Are you really sure you want to cut it off? Here's what is going to be cut off. Probably going to change your life. After seeing the xray you're okay with it? Right then. Nurse? Chainsaw please."
        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

That's basically the intent of the law. The new law requires doctors to conduct a sonogram before performing an abortion, to show the woman the image, to play the fetal heartbeat aloud and describe the features of the fetus at least 24 hours before the abortion.
          How are they going to enforce this? Are right wingers going to have pregnant women secret shopping abortion clinics?
          I see nothing wrong with it. She can put her fingers in her ears and hum or close her eyes and no harm done. She should have to see and hear what she's about to do. If I have a 72 hour cooling off period on buying a car, I'm not seeing a 24 hour cooling off period on an abortion an issue

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
            Comparing a sonogram of a child before abortion to repeated xrays of a tooth? Really? It's more like "See this arm here? Are you really sure you want to cut it off? Here's what is going to be cut off. Probably going to change your life. After seeing the xray you're okay with it? Right then. Nurse? Chainsaw please."
            The apples/oranges captain strikes again!

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
              The apples/oranges captain strikes again!
              Exactly. Comparing a child to a tooth is apples and oranges Scooter

Comment

I see nothing wrong with it. She can put her fingers in her ears and hum or close her eyes and no harm done. She should have to see and hear what she's about to do. If I have a 72 hour cooling off period on buying a car, I'm not seeing a 24 hour cooling off period on an abortion an issue
                There's already a 24 hour waiting period, sonograms have been preformed since 2003, and they've always given her information to view in the 24 hour waiting period, with pictures and descriptions of the fetus. Now, she isn't allowed to as the doctor to turn the monitor away...well, she CAN ask, but he can't obstruct her view of the monitor. If she turns her head away, THEN they play audible heartbeat sounds. If she puts her fingers in her ears, THEN the doctor is required to go into graphic details about the fetus. This doesn't sound a bit excessive?
                The judge that upheld the new law even said that having to certify that she's a victim of rape or molestation, actually admitted that it's a troubling requirement.

Here is the law, before the new requirements. http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.u...ighlightType=1

Comment

• Not at all. You're ending a life. Suck it up

Comment

We're not talking about enforcement. How do they enforce anything for that matter? A sonogram takes a few minutes and the heartbeat takes a few seconds. Most doctors will breeze through it, check the little box, and suck the "tumor" out. It's still a surgical procedure, and along with all surgical procedures, is a little inconvenient.

Comment

Exactly. Comparing a child to a tooth is apples and oranges Scooter
                      Except it's not.
                      Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                      Not at all. You're ending a life. Suck it up
                      Except you're not ending a life, as there was no life to begin with.

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                        Except it's not.

Except you're not ending a life, as there was no life to begin with.
                        Actually, it is. If it has a heartbeat, it has life. When was the last time you knew something that wasn't alive that had a heartbeat Chief?

Comment

Not at all. You're ending a life. Suck it up
                          It's badgering. I'm not ending anything. It'll be interesting to see what the Supreme Court says about it.

Comment

Do you have a link to where it is legally described in this manor? The reason I ask, is the reason I made this thread, it is because so many people are trying to interpret it in different ways. From the wording, in my opinion, she has right to refuse any of it happening and does NOT have to view it. From my understanding, it was made because aborting doctors could previously deny the mother's wishes of seeing the sonogram, etc. This law requires the information be presented if request, NOT force the information on the mother and her have to look away, stick fingers in ears, etc.

Stevo
                            Originally posted by SSMAN
                            ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Actually, it is. If it has a heartbeat, it has life. When was the last time you knew something that wasn't alive that had a heartbeat Chief?
                              So, what about those abortions done before 9 weeks LMP, when there is no heart beat?

Comment

Chevys are advertised as the heartbeat of America and they're not alive...

www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Working...
                                X