A tax no one is talking about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A tax no one is talking about

Just a reminder, payroll taxes are set to revert back to 2010 levels and no one is talking about it. This is the 'tax cut' Obama called for, taken from you paying into your social security, so that you have more money in your pocket. You are literally borrowing from yourself at this point. However, it is due to expire Jan 1. Just thought I'd let yall know.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

I'm not sure how I feel about this one.

I haven't expected to get any SS when I finally become eligible, so I've always been upset about paying in to a system I can't use.

I don't really see it as borrowing from myself. I see it as a chance to actually put my money somewhere useful.

Comment

Let it expire. The majority of the public probably forgot about that anyway within 2-3 months of its effective date, and now assume that extra pay has always been there.

Comment

Isn't that shit like $6 a paycheck?

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          Isn't that shit like $6 a paycheck?
          Not if you are making CHOOOOO$$$$$ CHOOOOOO$$$$$!
          www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Personally, I say let all the tax cuts expire. Remind everyone of how living under Clinton really was
            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

2% of gross
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Originally posted by racrguy
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I brought this up before the election and no one seemed to care. As Al stated about, $2000 per $100k of income. It WILL make a difference when most folks get their paycheck.

Comment

6.2% up to $113,700.

It's 4.2% of $110,100 currently.

So just a few grand more, still sucks..
                  "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Working...
                  X