One Lap of America 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Lap of America 2014

Well, the wife and I are crazy and are doing the one lap event this year in our 2010 Subaru grocery getter. Been too busy to post about it but here is a link to current results.

We are car #30 in mid priced sedan.

So far we have done nearly 3000 miles since Saturday morning and very little sleep. We are definitely punching above our weight class. 5 more time trials before we wrap it up at noon on Saturday. At mid Ohio today which is the only track on the schedule I have driven before.
    Last edited by aggie97; 12-27-2017, 10:44 PM. Reason: Updating for new event

I am officially jealous. I intend to do One Lap one of these days. The cost of getting the correct license and the cost of entry is the hold up.
    Be safe, have fun and I hope you took a Texas flag to wave once in a while.

Take pics!

Comment

Well, we finished 14th overall and 1st in class for mid priced sedan. I felt we brought a twig to a cannon fight but punched well above our weight class. I even scored a few top 10's in the individual events along the way which surprised a lot of folks considering this is my wife's grocery getter and we still had a factory seat and 3pt belt on a 245 tire!

We had a blast and are completely exhausted. We now need a vacation to recover!

We are already starting plans for next year and don't even know what the tracks are yet. We plan to have at least another 100hp, 275's and some swaybar and brake upgrades for the next one. Maybe I can then chip away at the 800hp GTR's, vipers and AMG race cars! LOL! Would love to shoot for a top 10 next year with the little station wagon. Next year is looking to have a lot more publicity than in the past so the event should be epic! Once I get caught back up at work, I will try and post a day by day recap. Meanwhile, the full results are available on the link in post #1.

Comment

Damn that is awesome, I have always wanted to do one lap since Andi Baritchi ran it in his supra years ago, congrats!
        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

I missed this thread. That is awesome. I saw the One Lap CRX, some e92 m3, and white widebody SLS amg car during my road trip to DC.

I want to build a car for this too. One Lap foxbody anyone? lol
          Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

Looking through the results, we had the lowest wheel hp of any car in the top 28 overall. We may have been one of the heaviest too and the second narrowest tire in the group.

We were also one of the least prepared cars even though we had ohlins and some bushings. Most of our prep was for reliability and fixing some weak points on the subaru's for oiling and such.

We think we only had about 265awhp so we are looking at ways to get closer to 400...maybe 375 or so and also move up to a 275 tire. Only 11 months to prepare but are shooting for a top 10 next year. Considering one of the cars was a full World Challenge SLS race car and the gtr's all had mega hp....we may be biting off more than we think! LOL!

Comment

Congrats on the class win. Do they allow different ECU tuning for the drive between track events?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnTheAggie View Post
                Congrats on the class win. Do they allow different ECU tuning for the drive between track events?
                rules are pretty open with regards to modifications. Class structure next year is suppose to be simplified. Honestly, we could have been in SSGT2 small bore but we didn't know any better.

Comment

I saw your entry. Good luck! I was gonna enter but doesn't look work will allow.
                  Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

Originally posted by Bputacoma View Post
                    I saw your entry. Good luck! I was gonna enter but doesn't look work will allow.
                    We are on the fence. Lots of projects to finish. Should know if we are 100% soon but things aren't looking good at the moment.

Comment

One lap of America 2018!

Well, we are going to be putting together a new effort for 2018. Instead of taking a knife to an Artillery fight, I've decided to at least take a sledge hammer this time. We acquired a 1999 C5 FRC that will be getting some upgrades over the next few months with the goal of having 335's at all 4 corners and at least 430rwhp with one of our spare LS6's laying around along with some brake and suspension upgrades from the used parts bins of a few friends. I already put one of our race seats and a 6pt harness/harness bar in it compared to the factory seat and 3pt belt we had last time so the plan is to really hurt some feelings and make some GTR's feel bad.

This year, the OLoA show heads to a bunch of tracks I've been to before and a couple I REALLY want to go to so I have a bit of an advantage to do pretty well. Figure in we will have a LOT more car this time and who knows? Maybe a top 10 this time! Have already done some testing and this thing is nearly as fast as my old race car and I haven't even put the good engine in it yet!

Comment

Strange. I've been looking at 00 FRC long and hard as an autoX HPDE toy. It just makes more sense than a Miata, v8 miata, v8 944, or abusing my ZR-1 or 996. From a cost effective standpoint the FRC is a bargain. I will be interested to see what works well and doesn't and final cost.

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't a base model C6 vette faster then the top of the line C5?
                          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Depends on if you are magazine racing or racing on a track.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                              Depends on if you are magazine racing or racing on a track.
                              I have been in a magazine but I have never tried to race one.

A vette purchase is in my near future and would like the input of people who know more about them than I do.
                              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                              X