Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting article discussing how China has announced it believes it can beat the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zeus The LSX Coupe View Post
    Only one way to find out! Say our name three times you Chinese bitches!! Lmao

Ron Paul called this boldness sometime ago. Seems like he's not a Kook like a lot of people think and have claimed huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The same Ron Paul who wants no US bases in the area to respond to protecting our interests overseas? That Ron Paul?

Comment

Yes sir! I happen to agree. What are we protecting over seas just out of curiosity? What's wrong with The Monroe Doctrine? What's wrong with minding our own damn business? I mean none of that in a harsh way, I'm curious why this doesn't make sense?

'91 White Fox TT 5.3 Coupe
      '08 C6 Corvette
      '91 StormTrooper BBC Coupe
      Run what ya brung, hope ya brought enuff!!

Comment

Yes sir! I happen to agree. What are we protecting over seas just out of curiosity? What's wrong with The Monroe Doctrine? What's wrong with minding our own damn business? I mean none of that in a harsh way, I'm curious why this doesn't make sense?

Fuck you you isolationist. You hate America!
        ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Oh and the terrorists will get us, duh.
          ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
            Fuck you you isolationist. You hate America!

Lmao!

'08 C6 Corvette

Comment

The Monroe Doctrine was interesting in concept when James Monroe wrote it, but it did not take fully into account the changes in globalization that govern geopolitics today.

Crisis events and flashpoints will happen regardless of whether we want them or not. Now, do i think we should be subsidizing sovreign nation's defence forces to the extent we have been? Absolutely not. Europe, especially, needs to wake the fuck up and start putting dollars to the ground. I think Libya was a wakeup call on how poorly prepared European nations are for sustained military operations. They ran out of ready munitions for airstrikes after a week of sorties and had to ask the US for more!

Withdrawing our forces and cutting all international funding and aid is a great kneejerk reaction that I even catch myself trying to rationalize out of spite from reading about the pure arrogance of hostile nations to us misusing our aid, but its not good policy.

The safety and stability of the world's shipping lanes is one of the key functions of the US Navy, for example.

Comment

Are you really this misinformed or simply delusional? I am legitimately curious.
                Originally posted by lincolnboy
                After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                  Northern Africa did this and we're stealing dealing with the "attack."

Although...we could use some assistance with laying rail...
                  Nobody picked up on this!?

Well done Sean. LOL

Comment

^^^^

I saw it but did not understand the context of the statement. Care to enlighten us?
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                      Are you really this misinformed or simply delusional? I am legitimately curious.

I'm definitely not delusional, so I must be misinformed. Why don't you just fill me in. You seem to have a superior knowledge of the subject matter so this should be very educational. Go ahead, I'll take notes.....

'08 C6 Corvette

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                        The Monroe Doctrine was interesting in concept when James Monroe wrote it, but it did not take fully into account the changes in globalization that govern geopolitics today.

Crisis events and flashpoints will happen regardless of whether we want them or not. Now, do i think we should be subsidizing sovreign nation's defence forces to the extent we have been? Absolutely not. Europe, especially, needs to wake the fuck up and start putting dollars to the ground. I think Libya was a wakeup call on how poorly prepared European nations are for sustained military operations. They ran out of ready munitions for airstrikes after a week of sorties and had to ask the US for more!

Withdrawing our forces and cutting all international funding and aid is a great kneejerk reaction that I even catch myself trying to rationalize out of spite from reading about the pure arrogance of hostile nations to us misusing our aid, but its not good policy.

The safety and stability of the world's shipping lanes is one of the key functions of the US Navy, for example.

There is no reason the Monroe Doctrine can't still be employed in today's world. You stay in your hemisphere and we'll stay in ours. It's very simple, it would save us millions, and it would keep events like 9/11 from occurring. It is not the duty of the US government to "police" the world. Should we aid Allies? Yes Should we throw billions at people that hate us in hopes they might begin to like us? No, we look like fools! We cannot run our own country efficiently and protect our own borders, what makes our government think we can do that over seas with someone else's country. This is stupid and wasteful and it needs to stop. Do I feel like it should happen overnight ? No, it needs to be a gradual and calculated effort in order to protect our people abroad and here at home. We agree on a lot of things, I just feel like we need less of a presence over seas. Let's fix our shit here at home before we ever try to fix someone else's mess.

'08 C6 Corvette

Comment

If the Monroe Doctrine made sense, we'd be doing it. At the strategic level, the DoD is looking to cut whatever it can get away with. Also, for the majority of the time the Monroe Doctrine was in play, we relied on the British navy to back us up, and we were the ones to break the policy, with the Spanish American War and Perry forcing Japan to trade with us. Basically, your argument is invalid, because you have a gay double signature.
                          Last edited by YALE; 07-10-2014, 03:55 AM.
                          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                            ^^^^

I saw it but did not understand the context of the statement. Care to enlighten us?
                            Really? C'mon man, all the information you need is there in the post!

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                              ^^^^

The Maersk Amistad.

Comment

Nope; I still don't get it.
                                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                                X