Abbot against the world...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
    what ever happened to the separation of church and state?
    There is no constitutional requirement for a separation of church and state. The intent of the 1st amendment was to prohibit the establishment of an official government church like the Church of England that many of the original settlers in the new world were doing their best to flee from.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
      That's pretty delusional to think 80 or 90% of the US population is lying their entire life.
      They're definitely lying to themselves. They know it. They just don't want to admit it because they think they're doing something "bad" if they admit it.
      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
        The amazing part is that all the Jews are Democrats, it is like those people never fucking learn.
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
          There is no constitutional requirement for a separation of church and state. The intent of the 1st amendment was to prohibit the establishment of an official government church like the Church of England that many of the original settlers in the new world were doing their best to flee from.
          I like how you still believe that early settlers were trying to flee from evil England. Settlers were paid and given land to move to America and "settle" it for England.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
            The amazing part is that all the Jews are Democrats, it is like those people never fucking learn.
            I never understood that, either. I have an Orthodox Jew friend who's family fled Russia, he's conservative, and doesn't understand it either. Every jewish belief is conservative in nature, and yet...they go liberal Dem. The only "reason" I've heard they go Democrat is because the Nazi's were "right wing" and Republicans are "right wing", so Republicans = Nazi and they go Democrat.

And here's Ben Shipiro, with his insight:
            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

The only "reason" I've heard they go Democrat is because the Nazi's were "right wing" and Republicans are "right wing", so Republicans = Nazi and they go Democrat.
              The Nazi's were a few steps away from being communist and there was not much right wing about them other then some very manly uniforms.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                I like how you still believe that early settlers were trying to flee from evil England. Settlers were paid and given land to move to America and "settle" it for England.
                You are putting words into my keyboard bro. Why do you think they were happy to be given a chance to live over here? Could some of them have not liked being constantly under the thumb of the Church of England?

Comment

The Nazi's were a few steps away from being communist and there was not much right wing about them other then some very manly uniforms.
                  That's a 'duh' to me too, but as said, was the only "reason" I heard. Shipiro's take makes more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                    Right? the queen still has to approve our president...

Comment

The only things "right wing" about the Nazis were their work ethic, which was fantastic and their Nationalism. Besides that it was a purely leftist movement. Don't worry though, the modern leftists will do all they can to rewrite history so that eventually Hitler will have been Dick Cheney's father. All they need to pull it off is enough idiots posting it on Facebook. The leftists today have to do all they can to convince the sheep that "this time it is different!".
                      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

[alP]

[alP]

Comment

The settlers were sent here by England to settle it in the name of England, it was once they arrived and were treated like step children and taxed to no end that they decided to 'flee' from the oppression. Thereby revolting, they didn't revolt and then settle America. The thirteen colonies were very much British until and during the revolution.

Once again it came down to money. That's what I don't understand about people on both sides today, it's not about doing what's right or better for all anymore, it's about the buck. Follow the money and you will see who exactly is running things and where you stand on the 'social' ladder (aka caste).
                          G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                            The settlers were sent here by England to settle it in the name of England, it was once they arrived and were treated like step children and taxed to no end that they decided to 'flee' from the oppression. Thereby revolting, they didn't revolt and then settle America. The thirteen colonies were very much British until and during the revolution.

Once again it came down to money. That's what I don't understand about people on both sides today, it's not about doing what's right or better for all anymore, it's about the buck. Follow the money and you will see who exactly is running things and where you stand on the 'social' ladder (aka caste).
                            Pilgrims were fleeing religious persecution, but since they lacked the funds, they agreed to contract out their labor for raw materials sent back to England.

Comment

Pilgrims were fleeing religious persecution, but since they lacked the funds, they agreed to contract out their labor for raw materials sent back to England.
                              So once again, money wins. The colonists were just smart enough to revolt once they had a solid foothold.

Walla Walla Bing Bang a Gong
                              G'Day Mate

Comment

You are putting words into my keyboard bro. Why do you think they were happy to be given a chance to live over here? Could some of them have not liked being constantly under the thumb of the Church of England?
                                How did I put words into your keyboard? You said that people were fleeing the Church of England, which ruled England and all of it's settlements...including the Americas at the time. Poor people were given an opportunity to risk their lives in order to settle new land for England, which again was ruled by the Church of England(established by the King of England). They took that opportunity. Many decades later Americans said "You know what? Fuck England." Had nothing to do with the church specifically. Hell, they basically brought the same beliefs and entitlement to the Western Hemisphere.

Comment

Working...
                                X