No announcement yet.

Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=snacksnack;1467536]Lets see some pics of everyone's home gym! I want some ,motivation to do my own gym.QUOTE]

Here's my Craigslist Gym... The next thing I'd like to get is a lat machine but I haven't seen any on CL. With the exception of the cheap plate rack, I haven't had to buy anything new.

Not pictured is 300 lbs of Olympic plates.

So far it's been working for me. Summer time workouts may be challenging though.
    Last edited by GeorgeG.; 05-26-2015, 06:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
      He did the Murph yesterday and said it just about killed him.
      Yeah its a bitch.
      I did Murph yesterday with a 20 lb weight vest. 125. FML. A friend who did it with me, also with a 20 lb vest, did 49 min. Ridiculous.

Comment

• [quote=GeorgeG.;1468092]
        Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
        Lets see some pics of everyone's home gym! I want some ,motivation to do my own gym.QUOTE]

Here's my Craigslist Gym... The next thing I'd like to get is a lat machine but I haven't seen any on CL. With the exception of the cheap plate rack, I haven't had to buy anything new.

Not pictured is 300 lbs of Olympic plates.

So far it's been working for me. Summer time workouts may be challenging though.
        My gym is pretty close to a full craigslist gym also. So much better than paying full price for equipment that's basically new anyway. People buy this stuff that aren't really into the lifestyle, and give up soon. And only buy one piece of equipment, usually a bench press lol.

Pull up bar for lats! Your lats will be nice and big if you can do 3 or 4 sets of 12. No need for a full on machine until you can do that, bar takes up a lot less room and is a lot less expensive.
        WH

Comment

• Added some more equipment this weekend, mostly for the wife.
          Got a 35 lb 6 ft women's bar, 12 lb wallball, 35 lb kettlebell, another pair of badass bar clamps, a 16/20/24 plyo box, and I got myself a new belt and a weight vest.

Shit's lookin' legit and my lifts are going up. The cleans and presses this morning were brutal.

Comment

• How did you get those bolts down into the concrete

I think my grandad has some kind of Hilti brand tool that does it, might have to borrow it.
            WH

Comment

• You can just drill into the concrete and then use a tapcon bolt or concrete anchor. The tool he has is probably a ramset, it uses a specific .22 caliber charge to blast a hole, not what you want to use for gym equipment.

Comment

• Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                You can just drill into the concrete and then use a tapcon bolt or concrete anchor. The tool he has is probably a ramset, it uses a specific .22 caliber charge to blast a hole, not what you want to use for gym equipment.
                Exactly.

Fuck a bunch of Hilti gun nonsense for a garage gym.

Drill a hole, hammer in the anchor, put a lock washer and nut on it.

Comment

• a lot of people call hammer drills "Hiltis"

just saying
                  http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                    a lot of people call hammer drills "Hiltis"

just saying
                    Excuse their ignorance...

Comment

• Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                      Excuse their ignorance...
                      never...

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                        Exactly.

Fuck a bunch of Hilti gun nonsense for a garage gym.

Drill a hole, hammer in the anchor, put a lock washer and nut on it.

Good thanks
                        WH

Comment

• use a hammer drill and a masonry bit, justin case that wasn't clear

Comment

• Wasn't there a discussion a while back about it being a bad idea to drill a hole in a post tension slab? I think it was when we were discussing bolting gun safes to the floor.

Comment

• Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                              Wasn't there a discussion a while back about it being a bad idea to drill a hole in a post tension slab? I think it was when we were discussing bolting gun safes to the floor.
                              It can be bad if you drill into a cable, but I wouldn't be that worried about it, they are usually spaced about 4-5 feet apart so chances of hitting one are slim.
                              ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

• man it's really easy to fall of the wagon... It's been 12 days since chest, tri's, and shoulders, 8 days since legs, and 7 days since back, bi's, and traps.

and, that garage is getting hot!

Comment

Working...
                                X