Need to replace the central ac but can't find any reviews on units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to replace the central ac but can't find any reviews on units

Buddy who's been keeping my 18yr ac alive for the past 5 years finally told me its not worth it once compressor locked up. He gave me 3 options

Looking to replace my 3 ton unit i have 3 options available.
    $5500 for a chinese 10yr warranty unit 14seer
    xl16i $7500 16 seer
    xl16r $7500 16 seer.
    xl18 $8000 18 seer.
    Price are installed, all trane anyone have any experience with any of the models? How do the prices look?

Here they told me that as long as it has a Copeland compressor, you're good. They said that's who supplies all the main brands with compressors.
    WH

Comment

I replaced my undersized 3 ton AC with a 5 ton Daikin HVAC (they don't make 4.5 ton which is what my house should have) this summer and it's been great. It's a 16 seer with a 12 year parts/warranty and was $9k with 5 years free financing and a Nest thermostat and included a FULL system with new everything. My house can actually remain cool now, but I do need to add more insulation now for sure to make it even more efficient. I got it through A #1 air and I've been using them happily for the last 5 years.
      Originally posted by stevo
      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Just had a 5 ton Rheem installed for 4400ish

Youre paying way too much

PM me I'll send you the guy we use on all our flips. Cheap and good

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
          Buddy who's been keeping my 18yr ac alive for the past 5 years finally told me its not worth it once compressor locked up. He gave me 3 options

Looking to replace my 3 ton unit i have 3 options available.
          $5500 for a chinese 10yr warranty unit 14seer
          xl16i $7500 16 seer
          xl16r $7500 16 seer.
          xl18 $8000 18 seer.
          Price are installed, all trane anyone have any experience with any of the models? How do the prices look?
          @#$%! I got the XL18i and paid way more than that so I would say his princing was good.

Comment

I ended up going with him on the 18i. I thought it was the best value for the money since the equipment alone is 4kish , I hope he makes at least 1-2k on me. Went more high end since it's a personal home I intend to stay in for the next 10 years hopefully.

I did get a lower bid on the same brand but a 16seer for 6.8k.

Ironically Goodman which is supposed to be cheaper was the highest anywhere at over 9k. But it did have a lifetime warranty that hasn't been proven yet. They announced in 2014 but most of there units come with 10yr warranties so 2024 would be first time anyone could use it.

Reading online the installation is really important and I trust the guy. Sorry for long post just made it in case anyone is searching for it at a later time

Comment

Originally posted by txstangnut View Post
              @#$%! I got the XL18i and paid way more than that so I would say his princing was good.
              Well you got fucked if that's cheap

Comment

Tell me about it

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X