Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plumbers that can do a side job tomorrow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
    I'm with Rob, pay someone to R&R that shit, I've seen it done, it take a few hours for a pro to do it, old mofos like us will take us a full day or two and we got shit to do...
    The only thing time consuming was draining the one in DeSoto. Sharkbite actually has the two complete hoses for this. Flipped that bitch into the floor, stabbed on new hoses, hooked up four wires, and done! Rolled the old one out to the end of driveway and it was gone before morning. They are not heavy when drained. It was in the garage so a piece of cake. My moms in the A/C closet of her house might be a tad harder. That bastard always blew out when we were on a trip.

I do find it interesting that the gas ones last a lot longer then they electric. When I moved here it was the original one from 85. It died that year and my home warranty covered it.
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
      I do find it interesting that the gas ones last a lot longer then they electric. When I moved here it was the original one from 85. It died that year and my home warranty covered it.
      Gas heaters aren't as susceptible to water electrolysis as electric...

Comment

8mpg, can you pm me your plumber's info, please sir?

Comment

Originally posted by kenny c View Post
          The only thing to note when going from a tank to tankless retro is the gas line coming in might need to be larger. Going from ~50k BTU to ~150k BTU would require a larger line.

I'm a sales manager for Rinnai.
          This is something that I deal with on a regular basis. What I typically do is go from an 8 to 12 inch water column spring in the regulator at the meter to a 2 PSI spring which is almost 60 inches of water column. I then install a regulator right at the inlet of every appliance in the house that consumes gas. Following this will give you about a 130 percent increase in gas going to the appliance. The only time this really gets tricky is if you have a gas log in the fireplace and it's tougher to install a regulator there.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

If you are considering a tankless heaters, I consider one of the best purchases I’ve made.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
              8mpg, can you pm me your plumber's info, please sir?
              Sent you his number

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                This is something that I deal with on a regular basis. What I typically do is go from an 8 to 12 inch water column spring in the regulator at the meter to a 2 PSI spring which is almost 60 inches of water column. I then install a regulator right at the inlet of every appliance in the house that consumes gas. Following this will give you about a 130 percent increase in gas going to the appliance. The only time this really gets tricky is if you have a gas log in the fireplace and it's tougher to install a regulator there.
                This guy gets it

Comment

Working...
                X