Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by txsr20de View Post
    This showed up yesterday

I don't care for that type of wrist band, but that is a bad ass watch. Good call.

Comment

• Thanks. I threw it on that NATO I had laying around so I could wear it today, I couldn't find my bracelet tool and had to order another. The NATO is actually too wide and bunching up a little.

Here is a pic from the seller on the bracelet it came with. Believe it or not, this thing is 35 years old!

2016 Chevrolet SS 6M

Comment

• 1 year anniversary gift from the wife

Comment

• I've been eyeing this nice little piece for my bday...
          Attached Files
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Anyone here try wearing two watches, Schwarzkopf style?

So I've got an Apple Watch. I don't really care for it from a styling perspective but I really do like the health data it collects and I like it as a backup phone. So, a few times, I've been wearing it on my right wrist and a nicer watch on the left.

I'm pretty much going to keep doing it but I was curious if anyone else does and here opinions. Hopefully something beyond it looks stupid or whatever. So what says the horology crowd?
            Last edited by Sgt Beavis; 05-10-2020, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
              Anyone here try wearing two watches, Schwarzkopf style?

So I've got an Apple Watch. I don't really care for it from a styling perspective but I really do like the health data it collects and I like it as a backup phone. So, a few times, I've been wearing it on my right wrist and a nicer watch on the left.

I'm pretty much going to keep doing it but I was curious if anyone else does and here opinions. Hopefully something beyond it looks stupid or whatever. So what says the horology crowd?
              Only time I've worn two watches was running. I wore my Garmin for activity tracking and my Apple watch for the phone and music.....

Comment

• Last post here was saying I was holding out for a Speedmaster, ended up with another diver.

Comment

I've never really gotten the smartwatch fad, but I'd sport a Tag Heuer Connected before wearing two watches, or a Vivosport and watch of my choice if the health data really is a concern. "Needing" a backup phone is merely your own justification for overpaying for what amounts to a novelty.

Discover the new TAG Heuer Connected Calibre E4. Packed with enhanced features, experience TAG Heuer's passion for precision, state-of-the-art materials and high-performance.

The v?vosport? fitness activity tracker features wrist-based heart rate, GPS & a stress tracking mode that measures stress levels 24x7.

Comment

Yeah I'm unfortunately in line with your last paragraph. There's just no way I could take anyone serious wearing 2 watches as that makes it 100% obvious they are for show and not function. So you're wearing 2 watches to peacock...not for anything actually useful.

When I go for a run its a stupid watch only so I can time myself. I almost understand doing 2 watches during a run if you use them both for different function but i would imagine the apple watch alone could do enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post

When I go for a run its a stupid watch only so I can time myself. I almost understand doing 2 watches during a run if you use them both for different function but i would imagine the apple watch alone could do enough.
                      I track all my run data in Garmin connect, tried Apple as a running watch and it is pretty useless. Garmin doesn't have a phone or music streaming so when I am on-call or running alone I strap the Apple watch on the other wrist. It is 100% goofy!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                        I track all my run data in Garmin connect, tried Apple as a running watch and it is pretty useless. Garmin doesn't have a phone or music streaming so when I am on-call or running alone I strap the Apple watch on the other wrist. It is 100% goofy!
                        Why doesn't the apple watch work for a run?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                          Why doesn't the apple watch work for a run?
                          When the Apple watch first came out I tried to use it, multiple times, multiple applications. Had issues with it not starting, crapping out during the run, and at the time it did not have GPS so you had to carry your phone. When this happened I changed back to Garmin and got serious about training. The data you can extract from a run with the Garmin is light years above what I have found any of the apps on the Apple can do. Then add in that Garmin is pretty much the standard so everyone I know and train with is on Garmin. This allows us to create workouts and send them to our watches for the next training run.
                          If all you were worried about was tracking miles and time I am sure Apple would be more than fine now that it has GPS.

Data from one of my runs, Apple doesn't come close.

Last edited by Chopped54; 05-11-2020, 08:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                            I believe the Garmin does do phone and music if you have the correct one. I know it does with Android.

Comment

• Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                              I believe the Garmin does do phone and music if you have the correct one. I know it does with Android.
                              I believe you still have to carry your phone, I don't with the Apple watch.

Comment

• Yeah that makes sense if you use that level of data. I'm not competing anymore so I just run for a set time and enjoy being disconnected and away.

Comment

Working...
                                X