Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stay hard Neil Peart

Damn it.

Yup, I just heard about that about an hour ago, it was my very first concert for the 2112 tour and I saw them in Ft.Worth at the Tarrant County Collusium, the Dallas show sold out so I had to make a road trip from Dallas
    Saw every show except for the Presto and the Snakes and Arrows tour

R.I.P. Neil Peart, one of the best drummers of all time IMO...
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Damn. RIP
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Very sad to hear this.... I've been a Rush fan since I was 14 years old. Still own every album up through Grace Under Pressure...

Been listening to a ton of the old live stuff this past weekend.

RIP to one of the greatest ever musicians and all around good human beings.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
          Yup, I just heard about that about an hour ago, it was my very first concert for the 2112 tour and I saw them in Ft.Worth at the Tarrant County Collusium, the Dallas show sold out so I had to make a road trip from Dallas
          Saw every show except for the Presto and the Snakes and Arrows tour

R.I.P. Neil Peart, one of the best drummers of all time IMO...
          My first show too at TCCC. That album (2112) left quite the impression on me and made me forever a fan. I do admit to checking out on them during some of the late 80's stuff when Geddy headed down the heavy keyboards road.

I have since come back to those albums and given them a chance. Some good stuff in there.

Overall I've seen them 9x and they never disappointed.

I took my son to his 1st Rush show in 2013 (Clockwork Angels tour) and that was the last I've saw them.

RIP to 'The Professor'- not only a great drummer but an amazing lyricist and author.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
            Damn it.
            Yah, it really stinks in a big way. I actually got a text from a guy I played with a long time ago when I was drumming along with a few compliments about my former skills. I haven't played in forever and kind of gave up on Rush due to bad memories associated with another former friend I played with. Sadly that friend turned out to be a guy that tried using me like a bank.

Looking back at Neil's life how he got in the band and everything that happened to him personally and family wise, I hope he is in a much better place now. As a drummer, I always found Neil and Buddy Rich the hardest to try and emulate. I'm more of a basher so being big and on time easy... but finesse and hitting fills like Neil did... wow.

The most amazing thing in the video above is noticing and hearing how Neil's fills on Tom Sawyer changed just a smidge to compliment his evolving play style and drum kit. His ending and starting of each fill perfectly in time even as he got older is just incredible.

Comment

Working...
            X