No announcement yet.

Thoughts/Suggestions on Red Dot for AR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They were $240 shipped for them. And they came with the quick detach riser.
    Jon

Comment

Mepro 21 No batteries and rock solid. I got the triangle, up close just put it anywhere, for distance use the tip of the triangle.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Acog if you can afford it. But I really love ang recommend Aipoint. But from what everyone is saying PA micro dot will do just fine.
        sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
        🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Get a primary arms. no need to spend stupid money on a red dot of light.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Just updating this thread. So I should have picked up a PA Micro Dot months ago, but as usual, I procrastinated to long and hadn't bought one yet. I saw a deal in the Classifieds here for an EOTech EXPS3-4 with G33.STS Magnifier for what I think was a good deal and snagged it up this past Saturday. It's a sight I have been drooling over for quite some time. Even with the ongoing lawsuit, I still like this sight and don't see myself in to many situations where that might be an issue unless I go shooting after it's been sitting in the car for to long in the summer.

Couldn't get the reticle to show up but it's the ring with 4 dots setup for varying distances.

Can't wait to go to the range now and zero it in.

Comment

I have had a few eotechs and sold them all. Every time I went to use one the damn batteries were dead.

Oh, and now SOCOM says they have problems with battery life, wandering zero, and temperature sensitivity.

And a huge international defense distributor can't get them to do any kind of customer service.

And now the FBI is even saying "fuck this shit" and switching to aimpoints.

See if you can trade for an aimpoint or a carry handle.
              Originally posted by lincolnboy
              After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Trade it for a carry handle? What model were you using that the batteries were dead every time?

I've read up on the battery issue and I'm really good about turning it off after every use with the only other red dot I own, some cheap brand I got with my 10/22. I've had the battery dead on it a couple of times because I failed to turn it off and it doesn't have an auto turn off feature. Plus I have a supply of CR123's that I use on my flashlights (which I actually use rechargeables on) so I'm good with that.

So my real concern is the wandering zero due to temperature sensitivity.

Thermal Drift - After zeroing the ECOS systems at or near ambient temperature (73°F), the zero position

will shift during operating temperature changes. The ECOS systems have the potential to shift

approximately +/- 4 Minutes of Angle (MOA) at -40°F and 122°F. Due to thermal drift, the sight may not

return to zero. The systems have the potential of approximately a +/- 2 MOA zero shift upon return to

ambient (73°F) after being exposed to any temperature between -40°F and 122°F temperatures. Impact

to the operators is the sight zero will be affected at varying operating temperatures. Please refer to below

table to determine the MOA effect in inches based on target range:
                So my understanding of this is that the sight would have to be exposed to an extreme temperature of -40°F and 122°F correct? Being that we are in Texas, my concern would be the high end temperature that might be reached like the trunk of cabin of a vehicle in the Texas Summer. Or am I not understanding this correctly?

Comment

Aimpoint or trijicon
                  Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                  It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

I have a PA red dot. A Sigtac one (my wife actually likes it) and the Burris fastfire and a Burris AR332. Basically I hate red dots especially when compared to good glass. My dream AR optic is the Nightforce 1x6 scope. Now if I want something that works in low light I've decided it's Trijicon or go home. So eventually as choo choo allows I'm going to Trijicon's and Nightforce scopes except on my POS AK. Any red dot is good enough for it.

Comment

OK pardon my ignorance but based on my choice on buying a used EOTech, am I really screwed? Am I guaranteed to always have a sight that will never shoot straight or am I correct in assuming that I will trouble if I shoot my AR when the EOTech has been exposed to one extreme temperature or another?

Based on the limited research I did, it seems that my concerns would only occur if the scope was exposed to an extreme temperature of some kind. If that's the case, I can live with that. I'll eventually pick up another red dote scope of some kind like a Trijicon MRO or maybe a Merprolight M21.

Comment

I have read some people having luck submitting theirs for a buy back.

It's worth a try. Just mention the temp related poi shift in the comments.

EOTECH holographic weapon sights part and repair info: return a product for repair, request a factory part, purchase an authorized replacement part.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                          OK pardon my ignorance but based on my choice on buying a used EOTech, am I really screwed? Am I guaranteed to always have a sight that will never shoot straight or am I correct in assuming that I will trouble if I shoot my AR when the EOTech has been exposed to one extreme temperature or another?

Based on the limited research I did, it seems that my concerns would only occur if the scope was exposed to an extreme temperature of some kind. If that's the case, I can live with that. I'll eventually pick up another red dote scope of some kind like a Trijicon MRO or maybe a Merprolight M21.
                          I believe they are running some sort of a refund/return deal. Might wanna look into that
                          Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                          It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Our department rifles have the Aimpoint T-1 Micro's. We leave them on 24/7 (per policy). Every year we change out the batteries just to make sure they are good to go. I have never found a battery dead in between changing them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                              Trade it for a carry handle? What model were you using that the batteries were dead every time?

I've read up on the battery issue and I'm really good about turning it off after every use with the only other red dot I own, some cheap brand I got with my 10/22. I've had the battery dead on it a couple of times because I failed to turn it off and it doesn't have an auto turn off feature. Plus I have a supply of CR123's that I use on my flashlights (which I actually use rechargeables on) so I'm good with that.

So my real concern is the wandering zero due to temperature sensitivity.

So my understanding of this is that the sight would have to be exposed to an extreme temperature of -40°F and 122°F correct? Being that we are in Texas, my concern would be the high end temperature that might be reached like the trunk of cabin of a vehicle in the Texas Summer. Or am I not understanding this correctly?
                              It said after ANY temp between -40 and 122, so if I understand it right if zeroed at 73 degrees and you take it out to shoot on a 90 degree day, it could shift 4 moa and if you are lucky return to about 2moa off of zero if the temp gets back to 73. So basically the optic will have a 2 to 4 moa drifting zero unless kept at the temp it was zeroed at. Plus the shitty battery life.
                              I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Is this issue all models? All production dates? I have not kept up on the lawsuit or claims.

I traded for a EXPS3 and magnifier. Pleased with it so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
                                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
                                X