• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
    You have offended Jobu, you must offer a whole chicken

That's funny right there.

Comment

White mustang privilege?

Really though, that sucks. Did you get to keep any good tools?

Comment

Originally posted by Blandnuts View Post
        White mustang privilege?

Really though, that sucks. Did you get to keep any good tools?
        ha, no, and my dash cam even decided to quit working this morning too. so I don't even have video. Fortunately it's a company truck so at least it has insurance. not a damn thing in his truck was tied down. I chewed him out about that one. He could have killed someone.

Comment

Maaan, that sucks! I ran over a road gator in the 5.0 last week, lucky for my I swerved enough just to fuck up my lower air spoiler under the car. It was $75.00, a couple of minor scratches on the grill and BC, not enough to warrant a new BC or grill thank goodness.
          I've decided to park the 5.0 and '17 Stang and they are for local duty only. The Explorer gets driven EVERYWHERE now!
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
            Do insurance companies no longer pay for pain and suffering? Seems like you really got messed up in his accident, and someone should be paying.
            BI and "pain and suffering" are not the same. From what I understand, you pretty much have to sue for pain and suffering, and even then, NTX jurors are pretty stingy when it comes to "pain and suffering." An attorney currently representing us said he's seen anywhere from $1 over to $1000 over the medical bills (my son is currently being sued on a BI claim). If this had taken place down in the valley, where shit is more crooked than the Clintons, that amount would be drastically higher.

Shit changes quick if you can prove negligence, like the other person texting, being on the phone, etc.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
              Maaan, that sucks! I ran over a road gator in the 5.0 last week, lucky for my I swerved enough just to fuck up my lower air spoiler under the car. It was $75.00, a couple of minor scratches on the grill and BC, not enough to warrant a new BC or grill thank goodness.
              I've decided to park the 5.0 and '17 Stang and they are for local duty only. The Explorer gets driven EVERYWHERE now!
              Thing is, our mustangs are our daily drivers. Now if I have to go somewhere I know parking is going to suck, or where I think people might mess with it I'll take the van, but it gets shit mileage and the A/C and heat suck.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                I was in pretty bad shape before I had the surgery, and I've had a couple of bad stretches since. It is something that definitely is a life long concern/problem, once you suffer a major back injury. The key is maintenance. Keep up physical therapy exercises, maintain core body strength, and be active.

I remember you writing about your back issues and hoping that it would get better for you. Having never had back issues I could not imagine what you were going thru. That changed this past May in a big way. Had a compression fracture on T-12 and hairline fractures on the 4 vertebrae directly above it from an offroad vehicle accident.

With no doubt this was the most painful & debilitating experience of my life. When therapy started 3 months after the accident it hurt so bad I couldn't function for 3 days after but helped, if that makes sense. As long as I stay active and moving its OK nowadays. When I miss a week at the gym & spend too much time sitting in a plane or meeting rooms I really notice the discomfort.

The Dr. says that there will be a full recovery, and it does feel better each week, but I've learned that a back takes a long time to heal. Nothing but well wishes to those of you with back pains!

Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                  Pick up a copy of treat your own back and treat your own neck, by Dr. McKenzie on amazon. I think they are $8-10 each. Treat your own back has pretty much kept me from a second back surgery.

Thanks for sharing, I'm going to look for these also.

Comment

Originally posted by slow84lx View Post
                    Thanks for sharing, I'm going to look for these also.
                    They are definitely lifelong injuries. It requires constant maintenance. To this day, I have issues if I am not active enough. Core strength helps a ton. We also bought an adjustable bed a few years ago and it has helped a lot. I sleep on my stomach and sleep with the head of the bed slightly elevated. I feel that this has contributed to my pain relief, even more so after reading that book.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Last edited by AnthonyS; 12-18-2018, 11:08 PM.

Comment

• Speaking of back pain, I took a downward slide over the past few weeks and now my doctor wants to do a rhizotomy. I'm a little concerned about this treatment, because it numbs the nerves to the painful areas. Not sure if I like the idea, kinda like unplugging your check engine light to me. Oh well I'll read up on it and make a decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                          Speaking of back pain, I took a downward slide over the past few weeks and now my doctor wants to do a rhizotomy. I'm a little concerned about this treatment, because it numbs the nerves to the painful areas. Not sure if I like the idea, kinda like unplugging your check engine light to me. Oh well I'll read up on it and make a decision.
                          I've had this done, and it was a tremendous relief for about a year. You still need to be mindful that your back is injured, and not try and do crazy shit just because it doesn't hurt anymore.

**Edit**

Also, I did this with the local only, as my insurance wouldn't cover the intravenous sedative. I didn't want to pay the $500 they were charging so I said fuck it.. get in, get done, get out.

I would absolutely pay the $500 after going through. Shit hurts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                            I've had this done, and it was a tremendous relief for about a year. You still need to be mindful that your back is injured, and not try and do crazy shit just because it doesn't hurt anymore.

**Edit**

Also, I did this with the local only, as my insurance wouldn't cover the intravenous sedative. I didn't want to pay the $500 they were charging so I said fuck it.. get in, get done, get out.

I would absolutely pay the $500 after going through. Shit hurts.
                            last month I did the injections and it was good for a few days. they knocked me the F out for it. Said they would do the same this time. Just not sure how I feel about killing nerves.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                              last month I did the injections and it was good for a few days. they knocked me the F out for it. Said they would do the same this time. Just not sure how I feel about killing nerves.
                              I also did the injections with local only. They helped me for a week at most.

That shit hurt as well.

Your nerves will grow back and it will eventually hurt again.

My doc told my I needed surgery for any chance of last relief. He also told me to hold off as long as possible because one of three things would happen from surgery. Get better, stay the same, get worse.

Comment

• Well, how about an update. Physical therapy is over, doctors visits are over, I'm still on muscle relaxers and anti inflammatory meds daily. Some days are good, and some are bad. I have discovered CBD cream and it's made a huge difference in my pain levels. Going to try the oil soon and I have a free coupon to do "Cryo" treatments soon. I'm up for just about anything at this point.
                                Now for the fun part. My lawyer called yesterday and broke some pretty bad news to me. The lady that hit me has the state minimum liability insurance that caps at $30k. Problem is, my medical bills are at $56k right now. So I have to file another claim on my insurance and use my under insured driver coverage. That caps at $50k. Sooooo I $80,000 dollars to pay the doctors, layer and what ever pain and suffering they where going to get me. I'm pretty much fucked for life and have nothing to show for it. My nice new car isn't worth shit now, (I was right side up on it before the wreck) and my insurance rates are probably going to go up. All because some soccer mom in a bust ass Hyundai suv wasn't paying attention to what she was doing. From the cop treating me like shit telling me I was wasting his time,and refusing to ticket her, to the cattle in line like feeling I got from the physical therapy clinic, I have been left with a pretty bad taste in my mouth for people in general. The only hero in this whole damn saga is my wife who's been there for me this whole time without one gripe. At times (when the pain gets really bad) I've been a real asshole. But still she's taken it all in stride. Here's hoping something positive comes out of all this. I guess it could be worse... I could be black. lol But in all honesty it really could be worse, I mean She could have had no insurance, or I could have been hurt worse. I guess it's time to just soldier on and get used to this pain as part of my life.

sorry for the angry rant, I just needed to vent.

Comment

Working...
                                X