Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Experience with selling a high HP vehicle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
    Will you explain a buy back? like a repo?
    Once they hit 100k, people dump the cars. I saw a 4 door at 97k for $22k.
    Most are lemon law buy backs. This one was bought back after a few months of the original sale date so more than likely buyers remorse so they came up with bullshit issues and essentially forced GM to buy it back.

Comment

Clean! GLWS

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
        Dash/console light issues, windows not syncing up when opening and shutting the door. There was something else I can't remember but with just 50k miles it was a reminder of why I stear clear of GM products. They also have driveshaft, sunroof, and timing chain issues. 11 and back 6cyl at least had oil burning issues.

I really loved the design, comfort, and concept of that car and it had me looking hard at the Lexus FC cars since it would be all that and reliable.
        Sunroof leaks or what? I've been looking at 4 doors.

Comment

Damn Aaron, your car is very clean looking. If it was a A-6 I might make you a lowball offer.

That's a very good price too, you shouldn't have a problem selling it.
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by D. Lil View Post
            In the past, I have driven the car on test drives. If they HAVE to drive it then I need cash in hand.
            This 100%....full amount of Cash in hand or no driving. Had a guy wreck my buddies Viper during a test drive luckily we talked the night before and he had a brief case of cash he was holding when they went for the test drive.

Dumb-ass...down shifted to a low gear at a high speed did a 360 and slammed a curb on the right side of the car....my buddy just looked at him and said you now own a Viper :-) (he then asked if my buddy would claim it on his insurance)

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
              Will you explain a buy back? like a repo?
              Once they hit 100k, people dump the cars. I saw a 4 door at 97k for $22k.
              Is 100k when they start to go bad? Some cars are like that, kias and such.

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
              There was something else I can't remember but with just 50k miles it was a reminder of why I stear clear of GM products. They also have driveshaft, sunroof, and timing chain issues. 11 and back 6cyl at least had oil burning issues.

I really loved the design, comfort, and concept of that car and it had me looking hard at the Lexus FC cars since it would be all that and reliable.
              Which is sad cause it used to be that GM was fairly reliable. All my GM buddies keep saying they've gone downhill. Maybe the loss in quality has something to do with all their financial problems.

Seems like the Lexus would be pretty reliable, what with being a toyota and all.
              WH

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                Damn Aaron, your car is very clean looking. If it was a A-6 I might make you a lowball offer.

That's a very good price too, you shouldn't have a problem selling it.

...and I might ignore you.

Good to hear, I'm not going to drop my shorts, but I've got it priced where I'm good with keeping it if it doesn't sell.

Comment

Originally posted by HaMMuH View Post
                  This 100%....full amount of Cash in hand or no driving. Had a guy wreck my buddies Viper during a test drive luckily we talked the night before and he had a brief case of cash he was holding when they went for the test drive.

Dumb-ass...down shifted to a low gear at a high speed did a 360 and slammed a curb on the right side of the car....my buddy just looked at him and said you now own a Viper :-) (he then asked if my buddy would claim it on his insurance)
                  Hearing this cements it, I had an open mind to somebody driving it without the full amount, but if they're serious after I drive it for them, a real buyer will come back cash in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
                    Sunroof leaks or what? I've been looking at 4 doors.
                    Yes leaks. It is a clogged something or other usually. I cant remember. Maybe the V us miraculously better buttttt. My in laws were die hard GM people, and even after they heard me bitch about the huge number of problems with a loaded out Equinox I had, they bought one. I mean they had a good shot at proving me wrong since it was 8 years newer or something. I mean these people have two GM cars, a S10 crew 4x4 and a Trailblazer with like 250k each so I get it, sorta. Their Equinox disappeared one day after 6 months of ownership for a Toyota SUV without explanation. They are actually Toyota converts now.
                    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Any luck?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        Any luck?
                        You buying?

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                          You buying?
                          Possibly the opposite.

I’ll text you

Comment

I've had one guy from Houston ask me where I had the blower installed, other than that crickets. I know it's a slow time to be selling a house, and I would imagine the cold nasty weather doesn't foster an itch to buy a turn-key hot rod. I figured there would be more tire kickers at least, even with the price disclaimer.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                              I've had one guy from Houston ask me where I had the blower installed, other than that crickets. I know it's a slow time to be selling a house, and I would imagine the cold nasty weather doesn't foster an itch to buy a turn-key hot rod. I figured there would be more tire kickers at least, even with the price disclaimer.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                              I’m selling a 2012 wrx pretty cheap and not much activity either
                              "PSH!!!"

Comment

Give it a month. Tax returns are about to start rolling in.

Comment

Working...
                                X