DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > Pumpin' Iron

Pumpin' Iron Forum for any kind of work out discussions.

Old 01-16-2018, 10:43 PM   #1381
kingjason
Notorious PIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Junk View Post
That might make it too convenient, though...
Man I bought a water rower tonight from busy body. Holy shit that thing is nice. I use the concept 2 at the gym and in that environment they are fine but kind of loud and very non aesthetic for the house. I kid you not if you close your eyes it sounds like you are rowing a boat. I am assembling now and report back on watching TV with it. Plus it stands up in a corner and looks like a piece of art. My cardio is lacking at the house and I think I will enjoy walking into the gym and just lifting. I may do a little warm up but not near as much time as before.
Old 01-17-2018, 01:28 AM   #1382
Strychnine
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjason View Post
Man I bought a water rower tonight from busy body. Holy shit that thing is nice.
I know what I paid for a Concept 2... out of curiosity, what did the Water Rower run you?
Strychnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:59 AM   #1383
kingjason
Notorious PIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strychnine View Post
I know what I paid for a Concept 2... out of curiosity, what did the Water Rower run you?
Like 1150 OTD, I know you can get the C2 for like 900 on Amazon so it is a little more. Yes you can watch TV while rowing along this thing it is freakishly quiet, just the water splashing. Took longer to put water in it than it did to build, about 30 minutes. We will see how it holds up. He said if you can get a prescription from your doctor for exercise they can write off the tax.

Last edited by kingjason; 01-17-2018 at 03:16 AM.
kingjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:23 PM   #1384
Big A
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjason View Post
Weighed yesterday and was back at 239.00, my before holidays weight where I got to 246. I do low carb and just kept screwing it off last year but not this year. Every time I eat bad I think back on it and it is never worth it. I mean hell there is nothing I can't get in low carb now days so if I am craving it, I am just going to make it. Lowcarbbreadcompany even takes the pain out of breads and such. Seriously, no violations until I am at 220! I told my wife Mexican once a month but not even going to do that. She DGAF either as she really prefers eating at the house anyways. I think I need a rowing machine and stationary bike so I don't have to drive to the gym unless I am lifting.
One of the biggest benefits of the keto diet for me, is the fact that you pretty much can't cheat, or you drop out of ketosis. Where I really go off the rails is sugar and carbs, so having to stay away completely helps a ton. I have yet to kind a keto-friendly food of any kind that I want to eat a lot of. I still don't consider it a lifetime dietary change, and I'm not fan boi, but I'll keep at it for a few months and see where it leads.

I fluffed back up to 229lbs over Christmas "break," and after 2 weeks of keto starting on 1/1, I'm already back down to 222lbs as of the 15th. My only goal these days is to get healthier, trim off the love handles, and be a good example for my son. I'll keep lifting heavy, but the needle will settle wherever it settles.
Big A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:23 PM   #1385
SS Junk
Lifer

I will not do keto forever. I want to enjoy pizza or a burger or sub sammich with a bun every now and again. Just won't go over the top or eat them as frequently.
This is probably the easiest way I've ever lost weight. Never feel hungry and can have deserts like this guilt free:

Keto key lime pie with an almond crust. Also have "fat bombs" which are chocolate balls with coconut.
SS Junk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:20 PM   #1386
kingjason
Notorious PIG

Lowcarbbread company has buns, bread, pretzels, pasta. All fairly decent, not sure what keto is like but I know it is very similar to low carb. They even have pizza crust. I just eat all the toppings. Cook up sausage, pepperoni, ham etc, throw in a little pizza sauce, and cover with mozzarella, then bake until the cheese melts. Delicious. Marcos pizza in Waxahachie sells a pizza bake that is similar. Or my wife interlaces bacon, cooks it on a little rack and then when crisp adds all the toppings. Also very good.
Old Today, 03:18 PM   #1387
SS Junk
Lifer

It's virtually no carb to keep the body in check to burn fat instead of glucose. I think the most one should have is around 10 or 20 carbs a day IIRC. What sucks about this is my son is a Type 1 and sometimes forgets and ends up extremely low because he bolused for his usual carb intake.
SS Junk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boats > racks, gasser dyel?, i refuse to beleaf, naynay 4 sucking on cock, naynay dicksucking faggot, naynay take all 12inches