Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > God and Country

God and Country Politics and Religion

Old 07-11-2019, 10:12 AM   #21
svauto-erotic855
I know everything, I'm older than you
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strychnine View Post

Please notice that I did not say Perot was wrong about his assessment of General Motors. What I said was that he was so mouthy and hard to get along with that they were willing to pay him $700,000,000 to leave. That was pretty much the only honest big money that the man made in his life, after that he went back to the government feeding trough where most of his money came from in the first place and wouldn't shut the fuck up about government spending the entire time he was taking our money from the government. Medicare and Medicaid are what made him a billionaire and they are also the programs that are bankrupting the country. Hypocritical, tyrannical, Napoleon complex, little shitbag Hitler in business but he had a heart of gold when it came down to personal interactions and charities. Like I said, all men are flawed. I'm unwilling to forgive him for the harm he caused because of the good that he has done.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:27 AM   #22
Broncojohnny
Lifer

I didnít know that Perot was such a terrible money manager. I like the net worth number that obviously came out of SVOís ass.

As for GM, they hated Ross because he relentlessly wanted to change the company to fix it. They also hate their employees which is counter to his style. He treats his employees extremely well in every way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.
Broncojohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 03:06 PM   #23
svauto-erotic855
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojohnny View Post
I didnít know that Perot was such a terrible money manager. I like the net worth number that obviously came out of SVOís ass.

As for GM, they hated Ross because he relentlessly wanted to change the company to fix it. They also hate their employees which is counter to his style. He treats his employees extremely well in every way.
He wasn't a terrible money manager. He would have been a much wealthier man had he not been such a cantankerous asshole towards his equals. When you compare him to his peers of the same era you will understand his shortcomings.

He made a bad judgment call trying to run for president and I will never forgive him for the damage he did. I say good riddance and I'm happy that I lived long enough to see him die.
Old 07-11-2019, 03:23 PM   #24
Broncojohnny
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
He wasn't a terrible money manager. He would have been a much wealthier man had he not been such a cantankerous asshole towards his equals. When you compare him to his peers of the same era you will understand his shortcomings.

He made a bad judgment call trying to run for president and I will never forgive him for the damage he did. I say good riddance and I'm happy that I lived long enough to see him die.
Which peers are those again? Iíd like to get your full analysis.

Iím also interested in all the damage he did. Apparently it is so extensive that the Bush family are dear friends of the Perots. Go ahead and elaborate.
Quote:
Old 07-11-2019, 05:18 PM   #25
svauto-erotic855
VIP Member

Quote:
Which peers are those again? I’d like to get your full analysis.

I’m also interested in all the damage he did. Apparently it is so extensive that the Bush family are dear friends of the Perots. Go ahead and elaborate.
His peers are the people of his era with the same net worth as him.

Of course the Bush family loves him, politicians always lick the boots of people with money. The bushes are also dear friends with the Obamas so that shows you how good their judgment is.

The damage that he did was bringing us the clintons and the influence they've had over the past 27 years now. A smarter man would have taken the nomination for president in the Republican party and ran on the same platform Perot ran on. Only a jackass would do what he did when the outcome of his actions was inevitable and entirely predictable.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:12 PM   #26
Strychnine
UNFUCKWITHABLE
VIP Member

Quote:
The damage that he did was bringing us the clintons and the influence they've had over the past 27 years now. A smarter man would have taken the nomination for president in the Republican party and ran on the same platform Perot ran on. Only a jackass would do what he did when the outcome of his actions was inevitable and entirely predictable.
With no disclaimer that you're commenting with nearly 30 years of hindsight...

Debate all you want, but don't act like he had some crystal ball and made his decisions maliciously.
Strychnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 08:12 PM   #27
Broncojohnny
Lifer

Quote:
His peers are the people of his era with the same net worth as him.

Of course the Bush family loves him, politicians always lick the boots of people with money. The bushes are also dear friends with the Obamas so that shows you how good their judgment is.

I'm just wondering how you know his net worth. Did you get that out of People magazine maybe? Or just your own ass? Or the net worth of any of the other people involved for that matter? It just shows how poorly thought out your position is to claim you know any of these things.

No serious political analyst thinks Perot got Clinton elected. It doesn't follow exit polls at the time and Ross took no states and got no electoral college votes. This whole thing is just a bullshit yarn told by hardline Republican dipshits who couldn't stand to take the loss. IE, the 1992 version of "Russian collusion". My prior point about Bush was that even the Bush family does not think that Perot cost him the election. One phrase sank Bush, "Read my lips, no new taxes".

Quit being a dipshit
Quote:
Old 07-11-2019, 09:04 PM   #28
svauto-erotic855
VIP Member

Quote:
I'm just wondering how you know his net worth. Did you get that out of People magazine maybe? Or just your own ass? Or the net worth of any of the other people involved for that matter? It just shows how poorly thought out your position is to claim you know any of these things.

No serious political analyst thinks Perot got Clinton elected. It doesn't follow exit polls at the time and Ross took no states and got no electoral college votes. This whole thing is just a bullshit yarn told by hardline Republican dipshits who couldn't stand to take the loss. IE, the 1992 version of "Russian collusion". My prior point about Bush was that even the Bush family does not think that Perot cost him the election. One phrase sank Bush, "Read my lips, no new taxes".

Quit being a dipshit
Forbes was pretty good about the pecking of who had what money in the US back in the day.

Perot took 19 percent of the popular vote the first go round and it is pretty safe to say that most of the votes he received would have gone to Bush had he not been in the race.

Do you seriously believe that you are going to change my mind with anything you could post here? I think I liked Ted Kennedy more then I liked Ross Perot.

FYI: I am not a Republican.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:30 PM   #29
Broncojohnny
Lifer

Quote:
Forbes was pretty good about the pecking of who had what money in the US back in the day.

Perot took 19 percent of the popular vote the first go round and it is pretty safe to say that most of the votes he received would have gone to Bush had he not been in the race.

Do you seriously believe that you are going to change my mind with anything you could post here? I think I liked Ted Kennedy more then I liked Ross Perot.

FYI: I am not a Republican.
Yea, Forbes, that's so laughable that I don't know where to start. Some of the richest people in this country are not even on their list.

And no, it isn't "safe to say" that all of Perot's votes came from Bush. In fact there has been at least one study that said Bush could have never won no matter what he did. At the time of the election the economy was in recession and his obvious failure on that tax issue was weighing him down.

No one here thinks your mind can be changed, do you even pay attention to how people react to you? When I go to the zoo and I see a monkey flinging his own shit I don't think I can change his mind either. I know a hopeless cause when I see it.
Quote:
Old 07-12-2019, 12:50 AM   #30
Jimbo
Lifer

Sad news, always liked him.
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 06:47 AM   #31
The King
Lifer

Yo SVO, I voted for Slick Willie in 1992, so Ross Perot running as an independent didn't cost George H. W. Bush my vote. True story, not one of your fabrications or Google searches.

R.I.P. to Mr. Perot.
The King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 07:47 AM   #32
svauto-erotic855
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The King View Post
Yo SVO, I voted for Slick Willie in 1992, so Ross Perot running as an independent didn't cost George H. W. Bush my vote. True story, not one of your fabrications or Google searches.

R.I.P. to Mr. Perot.
I voted for Bush, true story. George Soros didn't make me do it either.

I probably fess up to having sex in a bathroom of a truck stop with a dude before I fess up to voting for a Clinton; it would be less embarrassing.
Old 07-12-2019, 07:57 AM   #33
The King
Lifer

Well, unless you're in your mid-50s now which seems highly unlikely given your online behavior, you were not yet of voting age when Bush/Perot/Clinton ran for POTUS. More lies, LOL...that's the humorous part about liars, they have to keep stacking them on top of one another until they collapse.

However, do feel free to post up an image of your birth certificate here to prove your story.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:02 AM   #34
svauto-erotic855
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The King View Post
Well, unless you're in your mid-50s now which seems highly unlikely given your online behavior, you were not yet of voting age when Bush/Perot/Clinton ran for POTUS. More lies, LOL...that's the humorous part about liars, they have to keep stacking them on top of one another until they collapse.

However, do feel free to post up an image of your birth certificate here to prove your story.
You do know that the voting age is 18 don't you? Someone 45 today could have voted in 92.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:07 AM   #35
The King
Lifer

Quote:
You do know that the voting age is 18 don't you? Someone 45 today could have voted in 92.
Truth...good reply.
Old 07-12-2019, 06:33 PM   #36
Trip McNeely
DRILL BABY, DRILL!!!

This guy just has all the answers. Fuck Wikipedia, just start an 'Ask WikiSVO' thread on here.
Trip McNeely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 08:24 PM   #37
svauto-erotic855
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely View Post
This guy just has all the answers. Fuck Wikipedia, just start an 'Ask WikiSVO' thread on here.
When I was a little kid I had a paper route, I read the paper cover to cover every single word every single day for five years until I was 13. I probably remember word for word most of what I read. I follow politics the way other people follow professional sports teams and that includes memorizing tons of useless minutiae. At one point I considered a career in politics but not as a candidate.

Kamala Harris will take the nomination. Anyone want to put money on it?

When Perot was running I wanted him to win but I wanted him to win as a republican. I knew him running as an independent wasn't going to go anywhere. His hubris allowed him to run on a third party ticket when he should have backed out once it was clear he couldn't get the nomination as the Republican candidate. I believe Trump looked at what Ross Perot did and learned from it.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:00 PM   #38
GhostTX
Token Troll

Default Rick Perry: Now that Ross Perot is gone, I can tell this story

Quote:
This week, the nation remembers Ross Perot for his success in business, his two independent White House bids and his no-nonsense, straight Texas talk. His love of country, larger-than-life personality and generosity are all part of his legacy that will live on. But there is another little-known part of the life of Ross Perot that should be told now that he is gone. He was a tireless, but private, supporter of our wounded veterans.

During my time as governor of this great state, I had the honor and privilege of knowing countless warriors who stepped forward to serve in Iraq and Afghanistan and returned home with horrific wounds of war. U.S. Army Cpl. Alan Babin Jr. is one such hero.

While serving in Iraq in 2003 as a medic in the 82nd Airborne, Alan was shot in the abdomen while tending to a fallen comrade. While Alan survived his injury, he faced a long and difficult road to recovery, complicated by the onset of meningitis and a stroke-induced coma that left him confined to a wheelchair for the rest of his life.

On the one-year anniversary of his wounding, I joined Alan and his family for a small gathering. He was still in very bad shape, neurologically and physically incapacitated. When I asked his mother, Rosie, what I could do to help, she said she was eager to get him out of the hospital and back home, but struggling with the prospect of transporting Alan to his many medical visits.

I knew there was one person to call: Ross Perot. What happened next still amazes me to this day. The next morning, Ross personally called Rosie and made arrangements for his plane to pick up the Babins in Austin and fly them to Dallas where Alan could be seen by leading neurologists at Zale Lipshy University Hospital.

When the hospital elevators opened, Ross was standing there to meet Alan personally and ensure that he got the best of care. Later that day, Rosie was handed a key to a hotel room across the street so she could be close to Alan throughout his extended stay.

It didn't stop there.

When Rosie returned to the family home in Round Rock for her daughter's prom, Ross visited privately with Alan to sit with him and make sure he wasn't alone.

Ross Perot visits wounded veteran Alan Babin. (Rosie Babin)

After three weeks in Dallas, Alan and Rosie returned home to Austin on Ross' plane. When they arrived home, a fully customized luxury conversion van equipped with a wheelchair lift was waiting for them in their driveway.

Later when they spoke, Ross told Rosie two things: "One phone call is all you ever need to make if you need anything. Now, I want you to focus on Alan." And that is exactly what happened.

In 2005, when Alan needed to return to Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Ross flew the Babins to Washington, D.C., and arranged for a private ambulance to pick him up on the tarmac and transport him to the hospital.

Today, Alan and his parents live together in a specially adapted smarthome provided by the generosity of another great champion of our wounded warriors, Gary Sinise. Thanks to the support of patriots like Gary and Ross, Alan has progressed in his limited physical ability to become an accomplished adaptive skier, hand cyclist and golfer.

Over the years, Rosie has come to call those who rushed to Alan's aid "Alan's Angels," but the title "Big Angel" is and will forever be reserved for Ross Perot.

While alive, Ross would have shunned any effort to grant him credit for his support of Alan and the untold others he quietly helped through unimaginably challenging times. But now that he is gone, everyone should know the quality of the man that our state, our nation and our wounded veterans have lost.

God bless Ross Perot.
https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/c...can-tell-story

Tags
alp=relentlessretard, be a pussy in the tags, kingofqueens, lookie naynay can tag too, nay got dat gay disease, nay got dat prison pussy, nay sez rawr lol, svo haz fetish for dudes, tags are for real men