Best place to get audiobooks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chili View Post
    I love the idea of audiobooks, but the couple of times I have tried them I would get distracted and 'miss' a bunch, then have to go back to listen again.

Still worth it imo, you can just rewind, or listen to the book again sometime. Typically if I'm starting to get distracted, I'll just hit the pause button for a few minutes.

Reading books is just uncomfortable. You have to sit in a certain position, and always be shifting to find another comfortable position. Plus, there is some debate that you actually retain more when listening. We've been listening for 100's of thousands of years. We've been reading for only a tiny fraction of that.
    WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
      Still worth it imo, you can just rewind, or listen to the book again sometime. Typically if I'm starting to get distracted, I'll just hit the pause button for a few minutes.

Reading books is just uncomfortable. You have to sit in a certain position, and always be shifting to find another comfortable position. Plus, there is some debate that you actually retain more when listening. We've been listening for 100's of thousands of years. We've been reading for only a tiny fraction of that.
      Very interesting fact, Gasser. Makes sense. Goes with the idea about using music to memorize. How many poems do you know by heart? 2 or 3 maybe? How many song lyrics? Hundreds...a thousand, right? ....Ricky don't lose that number....you don't want to call nobody else...

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

i really enjoyed artie lange too fat to fish audiobook

Comment

Working...
        X